Goldenlay Agri. Ltd
Goldenlay Agri Ltd is the largest producer, supplier, and distributor of table eggs across Zambia, and boasting a brand familiar to retailers and consumers alike. Goldenlay is hereby inviting applications from suitable qualified candidates to fill the position of an Abattoir Supervisor
PURPOSE OF JOB
- Efficient and qualitative stock cutting, packing, wrapping, and stacking activities in a timely manner.
- To supervise the selection, cutting, packing, wrapping and stacking of production stock on a daily basis in a safe secure manner.
- Ensure Cold room temperature is checked and record temperature.
- Supervise and ensure that slaughtered birds are cut into 350g, 500g, and 1kg portions.
- Ensure quality of packing (no waste) and stickers are attached correctly.
- Ensure that all machinery remains in a serviceable condition.
- Report any incidents to the production manager immediately.
- Supervise the packaging out of frozen products.
- Live birds’ sales and distribution
- Ensure spent hens are verified and weighed and that mortality counts is recorded.
- When loading stock for dispatch, ensure FIFO is observed, ensure oldest stock is loaded first.
- Check daily staff attendance and maintain discipline.
- Adhere to Bio Security rules and quarantine procedures, maintain cleanliness and tidiness in the abattoir.
- Ensure collection and disposal of waste (Blood, Feathers, Crops and Mortality).
- Ensure that staff shower before duty and change into approved provided PPE.
- Full grade 12 certificate
- Must have a Degree in Animal Science
- Must be computer literate with better skills in MS applications i.e., Excel, Word, Power point
- Mature and responsible individual
- Must have excellent oral and written communication skills
- Good communicator, able to work in a multi-cultural environment
- Stable personality with passion for poultry management
- Team player able to work with minimum supervision
- Leadership and managerial skills
- Fast leaner and easy to adapt to new environments
Method of Application
All qualified and interested candidates should send their updated CV’s with at least three traceable references to the address/e-mail below. Fresh graduates are encouraged to apply.
The Human Resource Manager
Goldenlay Agri Limited, P.O. Box 90444, Luanshya
Closing date of applications: 15th November 2023
To apply for this job email your details to Recruitment@goldenlay.co.zm