- To coordinate the processes of accounts payable which are: The capturing of data into the ledgers, preparation and release of payments, generation of reconciliations in accordance with company policies and procedures and the management of both internal and external Customers;
- To analyze, reconcile and report MTNZ Revenue and direct costs in compliance with policy and financial accounting standards;
- To report Revenue & COS on Interconnect, Co-location, and ensure reconciliation of all relevant financial accounts;
- To maintain the general ledger ensuring correctness and completeness of the trial balance in accordance with MTN Zambia policies and procedures;
- To Manage, develop, design, and maintain a carrier services function that provides the business with optimum management of the related revenue streams and costs.
- Ensure that Invoices are received by the Customer Help Desk staff and that all necessary documentation is availed;
- Ensure the accurate capture and authorisation of invoices in the accounting systems to effect payment on time and accurately to Creditors.;
- Check administrators’ evaluation to ensure accuracy of invoices at receipt stage (VAT No., amount, order number, duly authorized);
- Ensure that invoices are Checked & matched against Purchase orders GRNs etc;
- Ensure sending Remittance Advices to supplier after completion of the Payment Run;
- Ensure the reconciliation of G/L and Creditors Accounts on a Monthly basis;
- Ensure payments are tracked to point of release and follow up with supplier and administrators file;
- Extract and submit Opex reports to user departments and maintain prepayments/ deferred charges;
- Perform monthly trend analysis on OPEX to ensure correctness and completeness;
- Monitor implementation quality standards and report non- compliance;
- Ensure review of product design documentation generated by the commercial teams and advise management on accurate revenue management and reporting implications;
- Ensure reconciliation of outgoing call revenue against outgoing interconnect traffic and reporting of exceptions;
- Ensure monthly revenue journals are raised and approved for GL posting timely in accordance with reporting KPIs;
- Ensure detailed revenue analysis monthly to validate the reported numbers as per billing systems and GL;
- Ensure processing of manual invoicing outside the billing modules and liaison with commercial departments on revenue and related receivables;
- Manage the Accounting and relationship of the Interconnect and roaming business in liaison with the commercial departments;
- Ensure all transaction in the retail module and distribution are transferred to the ledger daily. All exceptions must be resolved with IFS support;
- Ensure that all manual journals that are processed have adequate back up documentation and computations and are properly authorized before being posted in the ledger;
- Ensure Processing and Reconciliation of all accruals by Checking that monthly accrual list is correctly computed, allocated and posted to the ledger;
- Ensure reconciliation of the Inventory Valuation with the control accounts in the general ledger;
- Initiate all requests for Opening of all new GL accounts and ensure they are opened timely to carter to business and accounting requirements;
- Ensure that all new accounts are submitted to the Financial Reporting Analyst for mapping into the FDM Group reporting tool;
- Ensure monthly reconciliation and confirmation of Mobile Money Intercompany Account including consolidation of the subsidiary accounts to the parent;
- Ensure weekly trial balance analysis is prepared and sent to all team members in Financial Operations, highlighting any gaps noted that resolution according to set KPIs;
- Extract Cost Center Operating Expenditure reports and analyze reports for mis-posts and ensure timely correction of all mis-posts;
- Ensure all Interconnection Agreements are current and reflect current and existing effective commercial terms;
- Ensure that interconnection traffic statistics are prepared timely and shared with interconnection partners timely while keeping a record of submission timelines as per interconnection agreements;
- Ensure that international tariffs are updated in the ICB – Interconnect Billing System, in line with the tariff changes by MTNZs international carrier/s;
- Ensure prompt invoicing of interconnection partners following reconciliation and agreement on traffic statistics;
- Ensure timely follow up of interconnect receivables and escalation of receivables that are not responsive in line with internal KPIs;
- Ensure all Roaming agreements (both Bilateral and Hub) are maintained in carrier services;
- Ensure, in collaboration with Revenue Assurance and IT Billing Function, that all TAP files are processed timely in accordance with the relevant Financial Clearing House rules;
- Ensure timely follow up of all Fraud alerts that are generated, with the relevant Commercial Departments;
- Ensure MTNZ maintains adequate balances in the Roaming operations account to ensure timely settlement of roaming partner payables;
- Ensure timely invoicing of seamless roaming partners;
- Ensure quarterly reconciliation of all capacity leases as per MSC records and billing records to ensure revenue leakages are minimized;
- Co-ordinate and supervise staff and related tasks and ensure that workflow continues without interruption.
- College Diploma in Accountancy/ZICA/AAT/CIMA/ACCA or related equivalent;
- Grade 12 Certificate. (5 O’ Level credits, including compulsorily English Language and Mathematics);
- Experience of (5) years in Finance environment;
- Good understanding of accounting principles;
- Computer proficiency in MS Office Suite-Word, Excel, and Power Point.
ERP, Payables and GL knowledge.
Women are strongly encouraged to apply.
Method of Application
Hand delivered or posted applications will not be accepted.
Note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.