Position: Assistant Accountant
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Probationary Period: 3 Months
Reporting Manager: Finance Manager
NetOne is a leading technology services Group based in Lusaka, Zambia. Since its inception is 2007 the group has grown to be Zambia’s leading technology service provider offering a range of solutions including client computing and enterprise business solutions with long standing relationships with leading OEM manufacturers across the ICT sector. NetOne owns and operates Zambia’s first Tier III carrier neutral data offering colocation services, infrastructure as a service and software as service. NetOne also owns and operates the Swish Pay platform enabling digital payments from consumer to merchant through its integrations with Visa, MasterCard and Mobile Money platforms. The group continues to innovate in launching new products to the Zambian market and is therefore looking to grow our team!
If you are an individual that believes in career progression, innovative, fearless and want to be on the winning team, we are the team for you!
- To understand and learn the functioning of a Finance function, principles and fundamentals of accounting with an aim to enhance your practical knowledge in Finance
- Ensure to request for supplier statements on the last day of the month
- Ensure consistency between our accounting records and those of suppliers
- Liaise with suppliers for reconciliation purposes
- Reconcile supplier invoices and payments to suppliers to identify discrepancies.
- Accurately capturing approved supplier invoices
- Make follow ups on invoices not shared with NetOne by suppliers
- Reviewing and raising requisitions (purchase orders)
- Receipting stock in the system when invoices are received from suppliers
- Assisting with verification of physical inventory during stock counts
- Weekly preparation of PO to invoice tracker to ensure that all invoicing and purchase orders are up to date and accurate.
- Prepare NAPSA, PAYE, WHT returns and payments timely and accurately
QUALIFICATIONS, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- MUST have Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Part-ACCA / CIMA / ZICA qualification.
· Minimum of 2 years’ work experience in an accounting role.
- Knowledge in use of ERP Systems.
- Excellent working knowledge in Microsoft Excel
· Must have experience in submission of statutory returns for PAYE, NAPSA, VAT, WHT, Etc.
· Proactive approach with a high level of attention to detail
· Must be systematic and results-oriented personality
· Strong analytical and problem solving skills.
· Ability to multi-task and work well with deadlines.
· Able to operate with minimal supervision.
How to apply?
Send us a SUMMARY CV of your academic qualifications, professional work experience and skill set. Only short listed candidates will be contacted. You can email your CV to email@example.com.