About our Client:
Chemsol Scientific is a leading provider of quality Research and Applied Life Science Products in Zambia. The company is an authorized dealer for Merck®, Sigma Aldrich® and Millipore® brands. The company covers every step of the biotech production chain, creating a complete end-to-end workflow with enhanced customer service, a simplified interface and a leading distribution platform. With a mission to provide effective applied life science and research solutions. Technical proficiency, exceptional products and commitment to service as the basis of their strong reputation.
About the role:
The company is looking for a talented individual to join their team as an accounts assistant. The Accounts Assistant’s primary role is to assist in the recording and maintenance of accurate financial records. The role is tasked with overseeing all aspects of financial accounting and financial reporting. You will be charged with reporting and ensuring that management receives timely and accurate information.
- Accounts Receivables including debtors’ reconciliations, receipting and sending of statements
- Accounts payables including creditors reconciliations, preparation of payments and stakeholder management
- Assist in the preparation of periodic financials and adhoc reports and perform reconciliations for General Ledger Accounts including Intercompany accounts, accounts payable and accounts receivable
- Maintaining and reconciling Shareholder loan accounts
- Petty cash management including ensuring that petty cash expenses are posted correctly and that petty cash is maintained on float basis and submitted for checking and updating immediately after it is reimbursed
- Production of periodic Sales Analysis reports
- Perform bank reconciliations of Operations Bank Accounts
- Daily postings into Sage and assisting in monthly closings
- Perform stock takes with Logistics department
- Maintain fixed asset register
- Assist in human resources management including preparation of salary schedules, payroll input and maintenance of leave schedules
- Assist in the preparation of annual budgets and forecasts and in financial planning
- Preparation and submission of all statutory obligations including VAT, PAYE, NAPSA and NHIMA before their respective due dates
- Final checking of goods before dispatch to ensure accuracy in description and quantity
- Diploma or Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Post graduate studies such as MBA or membership to ZICA will be an added advantage
- At least 3 years in finance and accounting preferably in the same industry
- Business acumen and ability to make sound business decisions
- Integrity – Job requires being honest and ethical
- Dependability – Job requires being reliable, responsible and dependable and fulfilling obligations
- Initiative – Job requires willingness to take on responsibilities and challenges
- Attention to Detail – Job requires being careful about detail
- Numerical and analytical skills
- Strong knowledge of Microsoft products including Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook
The incumbent will receive a competitive salary commensurate with experience.
Method of Application
Please send your CV to email@example.com before the 25th of August, 2023.