Brilliance Executive Management Consultancy
The Assistant Accountant (Payables) will take charge of processing accounts and incoming payments in compliance with financial policies and procedures. Be responsible for providing financial, administrative and clerical support to the accounts payables team by completing payments, controlling expenses and processing verifying.
Summary of Key Responsibilities;
- Performing day to day financial transactions, including verifying, classifying, computing, posting and recording accounts receivables’ data
- Reconcile the accounts receivable ledger to ensure that all payments are accounted for and properly posted.
- Reconciling invoices and controlling expenses, verifying vendor account by reconciling monthly statements related transactions including expertise on taxes i.e. VAT, Sales tax, Withholding tax reporting.
- Assist in overseeing routine department activities, such as disbursing checks and processing payroll, to ensure that they are completed accurately and on time.
- Maintain accurate and complete financial, employee, and client records.
- Work with Accounts Receivable team and others to resolve account issues when necessary.
- Developing, implementing, improving, and enforcing budgets, policies, and department controls to increase accuracy and efficiency.
- Build and maintain relationships with employees, clients, vendors, and lenders.
- Take charge of highlighting the day to day management of all payments cycle activities and shall be required to complete related results in a timely and effective manner.
- Prepare bills, invoices and bank deposits
- Verify discrepancies by and resolve clients’ billing issues
- Facilitate payment of invoices due by sending bill reminders and contacting clients
- Generate financial statements and reports detailing accounts receivable status
- Negotiating payment plans with all listed suppliers/vendors
Required Skills and Competencies
- Proficiency in Excel
- Good working with teams
- Strong analytical problem-solving ability.
- Demonstration of Enterprise First behaviors (Leadership, Accountability, and Teamwork) and the Company core values (Honesty, Integrity, and Respect for People)
- Demonstrate competence in implementing standard processes, achieving sales targets, building relationships with suppliers and debtors, and delivering results.
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to carry out financial projections
- Knowledge of computerized accounting packages
Primary Areas of Accountability:
Qualifications and Experience
- Level 3 / Finalist of ACCA/CIMA/ CA Zambia or Degree in Accounting
- Must have at least a minimum of four (4) work experience in Account Payables
- Good understanding of the oil industry dynamics, Business & Competitors
- Hands-on experience with accounting software (Pastel or Navision)
- Proven ability to calculate, post and manage accounting figures and financial records
- Must be a member of ZICA
Method Of Application
If you meet the minimum hiring requirements for the above position, please email your CV and Cover letter clearly stating your salary expectations to : firstname.lastname@example.org and Copy-in email@example.com
Note that, all communications will be kept in the strictest of confidence. If you do not receive communication within 14 days of the closing date of the advert, please consider your application unsuccessful.
DO NOT SEND CERTIFICATES AT THIS STAGE
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org