Lusaka- We Effect Zambia Country Office
Fixed term contract
22nd May 2023
What are the most basic criteria for the position?
- At least Diploma in Business Administration, CIPS or related field
- At least 3 years’ experience of administrative work in a similar position
We Effect Zambia Country Office
We Effect is a development organisation founded by the Swedish cooperative movement in 1958 to support the development of democratic organisations and societies. In our international development cooperation programmes, we are applying a human rights-based approach supporting people living in poverty to secure their rights.
We Effect works in around 20 countries in Asia, Europe, Latin America and Africa through our regional offices in partnership with local CSO’s, farmer organisations, cooperative federations and other democratic organisations. For more information, see www.weeffect.se/www.weeffect.org/ https://latin.weeffect.org/
We Effect is now recruiting an Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant is part of the Zambia Country Office in the Finance & Admin Department in Lusaka. The employment is a fixed term position with a three months’ probation period. Start date as soon as possible.
The main purpose of the job is to maintain office operations by providing support to staff, assisting in daily office needs and managing general administrative and procurement activities. Principle key accountabilities include:
- Logistics – organising meetings, coordinating transport and travel requests for staff.
- Asset management- maintaining the asset register, insurance of assets, conducting asset verifications, management of the office vehicles.
- Procurement- preparing procurement documentation, sourcing quotations, updating annual procurement plan, supplier liaison.
- Office administration- custodianship & monthly stock reconciliations, document management, scheduling meetings/appointments.
- Excellent effective oral and written communication skills in English;
- Demonstrates high levels of confidentiality;
- Excellent planning and organising skills;
- Ability to prioritise work schedules;
- Adhere to We Effect values: Respect, Transparency, Together
- At least Diploma in Business Administration, CIPS or related field;
- At least 3 years’ experience of Administrative work in a similar position;
- Proven track record of progressive administrative work;
- Experience in human resource management and/basic IT will be an added advantage.
What we can offer you
We will give you the opportunity to make a real difference – within our organisation and in our joint work for a sustainable planet free from poverty. We challenge the status quo and encourages innovation. Our values Transparency, Respect and Together, guide us in our work and as colleagues forming our organisational culture. We are an intercultural organisation where diversity and inclusion are our corner stones. We welcome you as you are, and value a wide range of perspectives, experiences and networks and we strive for a workplace where you can bring your whole self to work. It is our belief that an inclusive workplace without discrimination of any kind, leads to more efficient relations and results with healthy, engaged, and growing co-workers.
Method of Application
Apply by sending your CV and cover letter to email@example.com . Closing date for receipt of applications is 22nd May 2023. Your application documents should be in English.
Please note that the position requires that the candidate have permission to live and work in Zambia.
We Effect wants to be alerted on suspected discrimination, corruption or other serious misconduct during the recruitment process. To make us aware, do not hesitate to use our Whistleblowing System.