The key responsibilities for this role include but not limited to the following:
- Provides robust Intelligence and business analytics to support Mobile Money commercial strategy;
- Monitors and forecasts revenues and other KPIs to ensure that the business has clear visibility of how each revenue line/KPI is performing against budget;
- Supports MTN Zambia to improve data analytics competences and performs deep dive MoMo analytics to understand consumer usage behaviours;
- Supports MoMo to conduct the business planning cycle;
- Manages and resolves escalations that have impact on critical path of service delivery;
- Escalates issues that will result in significant time, scope, employee/customer or cost impact if not resolved;
- Manages and provides solutions to issues that require formal resolution;
- Develops new KPIs to better track performance;
- Leverages international best practices and adapts to suit MTN environment;
- Applies market research in an optimal way to add as much value as possible to other areas of the business;
- Proactive research and speedy communication of results and recommendations to the relevant areas to build a competitive advantage;
- Encourages continuous service improvements;
- Proactively seeks information on business issues, particularly outside the Products and Services function which may impact on the commercial department;
- Supports to develop business case for new products and services and provides detailed product revenue and subscriber forecast;
- Conducts post implementation reviews of product/ services and proposes actions to improve performance;
- Ability to try out new BI tools or analytics techniques to find better ways of analysing data.
- Grade 12 certificate with 5 credit or better of which English and Mathematics are a must;
- A degree in Statistics, Data Science, Computer Science, or related discipline;
- Management Information Systems (MIS) or Business Intelligence experience of 2 years or more in the relevant sector/ industry;
- Competencies in Pricing analytics and implementation, Business case development, Data mining and analytics among others;
- Strong understanding of statistical analysis techniques;
- Ability to communicate complex information effectively in report form;
- Familiarity with common software tools used for big data analysis. These include SQL databases, SAS, Python and others;
- Strong computer literacy, including proficiency in using spreadsheets and dashboards;
- Ability to work both independently and as part of a team;
Women are strongly encouraged to apply!
Hand delivered or posted applications will not be accepted.
Note: that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job please visit www.linkedin.com.