Position Title: Assistant Accountant
Reports to: Financial Accountant
Location: Liuwa Plain National Park
Type of contract: Fixed Contract
African Parks is a non-profit conservation organization that takes on the complete responsibility for the rehabilitation and long-term management of national parks in partnership with governments and local communities. We currently manage 20 national parks and protected areas in 11 countries covering over 17 million hectares in: Angola, Benin, Central African Republic, Chad, the Democratic Republic of Congo, Malawi, Mozambique, the Republic of Congo, Rwanda, Zambia and Zimbabwe
Assist the FA in the day-to-day operations of the accounting and finance function, under the direct supervision of the Financial Accountant, The Assistant Accountant will have to integrate quickly and demonstrate significantly his/her involvement in the daily life at the service of the Accounting of Africans Parks. In the absence of the Financial Accountant, he/she will have to ensure 100% management of the roles of the Financial Accountant without any flaws.
Main tasks and responsibilities:
- The Assistant Accountant is responsible for entering accurate entries of all monthly cash transactions on the working sheet.
- The Assistant Accountant is responsible for the efficient and effective operation and maintenance of the company’s day-to-day financial and accounting operations as well as regular reports (weekly, monthly, quarterly, annual) and year-end.
- Prepare and reconcile of all work advances timely and accurately.
- Undertaking stock counts and produce accurate monthly fuel, lubricants, spares usage reports and stock quarterly reports.
- Preparation of monthly payroll inputs and reconciliation of salary advances.
- Ensure monthly transactions are properly filed and complete.
- Maintain adequate monthly cashflow.
- Timely preparation and submission of statutory returns (NHIMA,Napsa, PAYE,WHT,workers compensation, personal levy etc)
- Ensuring that transactions are accurately set on the Bank for approval.
- Ensure that transactions are captured accurately in Serenic.
- Ensure that they understand, interpret and monitor the budget.
- Assist the team with any additional work.
Capabilities, competencies and experience
- Minimum Diploma in Accounting or ACCA level 1 or CIMA certificate or ZICA technician with 3 years of experience
- Must be a registered member of ZICA.
- Previous experience with any Donor-funded programs or External Audit.
- Results-oriented and focused, with the ability to follow guidelines and controls required of the position.
- Experience in preparation of returns such as PAYE, NPASA & NHIMA.
- Proficiency with accounting software.
- Demonstrated team player with effective cross-cultural interpersonal skills.
- Ability to follow guidelines and controls required of the position.
African Parks Zambia is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Applicants for this position must have a clean record and traceable references. Candidates must include a day time contact number.
Interested and qualified candidates must submit their CV with a covering letter describing their suitability for the role. All applicants must include at least 3 contactable references.
Application must be submitted to the Regional Human Resources Manager, by email to email@example.com by 16 August 2023.
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for interview.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org