National Breweries Plc
National Breweries Plc is Zambia’s leading producer and distributor of Traditional African Beer. Our affiliation to Delta Beverages gives our employees a sense of pride and that of belonging to one of the biggest international brewing companies in the world. The Company offers opportunities for all to learn develop and grow, whilst offering challenging career opportunities for lateral or vertical advancement.
We are inviting applications to fill the following vacant position:
POSITION: ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT RECIEVABLES
Reporting to the Financial Accountant, the successful candidate will be accountable for the following:
- Timely collection of debtors and issuing monthly statements.
- Recording of payments from customers in the cashbooks to ensure prompt bank reconciliations.
- Monitoring of updating of depot receipts to ensure that payments from customers are posted in SAP.
- Timely application of receipts to invoices paid on customer accounts in SAP.
- Correctly reconcile customer accounts ensuring that customers are aware of the correct outstanding balance.
- Ensure timely delivery of invoices to customers via email or hard copy where necessary.
- Taking a proactive role in managing and collecting debts of company debtors as well as customers files.
- Ensure prompt response to relevant client enquiries and overall customer relationship management.
- Notify debtors by letter, email, or telephone call of upcoming or outstanding invoices.
- Issue demand letters to customers who are not current with their payments in line with policy.
- Provide all necessary information needed by the senior team to assess bad debt to be written off/court action.
- Implementing and planning recovery measures as decided by the ManCom.
This job is particularly suitable for candidates who meet the following minimum requirements:
- Degree/Diploma in Accounting/Finance/Business or Full ACCA /CIMA/ZICA or equivalent.
- 2 years’ work experience in a manufacturing environment
- SAP experience will be an added advantage.
- Micro office including excel, word, power point.
- In-depth knowledge of Accounts Receivable processes.
- Strong negotiation, communication, and analytical skills.
- Resilience to face supplier / customer claims and attentive to detail.
- Must be a registered member of ZICA.
Method of Application
Interested persons should send their applications and CV’s not later than 31st August 2023 to;
The Human Resource Business Partner
National Breweries Plc
Sheki Sheki Road
PO Box 35135
Email address: email@example.com
(Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to & all attachments should be in a single PDF File. Kindly state the position in the subject line)