National Breweries Plc
National Breweries Plc is Zambia’s leading producer and distributor of Traditional African Beer. Our affiliation to Delta Beverages gives our employees a sense of pride and that of belonging to one of the biggest international brewing companies in the world. The Company offers opportunities for all to learn develop and grow, whilst offering challenging career opportunities for lateral or vertical advancement.
We are inviting applications to fill the following vacant position:
POSITION: ASSISTANT ACCOUNTANT TREASURY
Reporting to the Financial Accountant, the successful candidate will be accountable for the following:
- Timely matching of transactions processed in the cash books.
- Reconciliation of bank balances at month end and resolve timely any discrepancy.
- Develop cash forecasts for the business unit’s (BU) and communicate to relevant parties on cash requirements (using historical data and forecasts) and plan daily operational cash requirements for all BU locations.
- Optimise use of cash through centralized cash pooling.
- Monitoring utilisation and replenishment of petty cash.
- Establish and maintain good professional relationships with authorized banks.
- Monitor service received against expectation and cost.
- Ensure correct filing and retention of documentation of all financial transactions.
This job is particularly suitable for candidates who meet the following minimum requirements:
- Degree/Diploma in Accounting/Finance/Business or Full ACCA /CIMA/ZICA or equivalent.
- 2 years’ work experience in a manufacturing environment
- SAP experience will be an added advantage.
- Microsoft office including excel, word, power point.
- In-depth knowledge of Accounts Treasury Accounting processes.
- Strong negotiation, communication, and analytical skills.
- Resilience to face supplier / customer claims and attentive to detail.
- Must be a registered member of ZICA.
Method of Application
Interested persons should send their applications and CV’s not later than 31st August 2023 to;
The Human Resource Business Partner
National Breweries Plc
Sheki Sheki Road
PO Box 35135
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
(Only shortlisted candidates will be communicated to & all attachments should be in a single PDF File. Kindly state the position in the subject line)
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com