Ministry of Tourism
The Ministry of Tourism has set a transformational agenda for the tourism Sector with the aim of facilitating increased sector contribution to the country’s gross domestic product and job creation.
In view of this, the Civil Service Commission invites applications from individuals who are dynamic, self-driven, change managers, transformational, result- oriented and business minded with a proven track record to fill the underlisted vacant positions at the Ministry of Tourism:-
JOB TITLE: ASSISTANT DIRECTOR-COMMERCIAL SERVICES (1) VACANCY
SALARY SCALE: L
INSTITUTION: MINISTRY OF TOURISM
DEPARTMENT: NATIONAL PARKS AND WILDLIFE
To coordinate the promotion of consumptive and non-consumptive tourism and other commercial activities in order to generate revenue.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Director National Parks and Wildlife and shall be responsible for:
1. Managing effectively the business development, project financing and bankable business plans;
2. Managing effectively the granting and monitoring of Tourism and Hunting Concession Agreements in order to generate revenue and promote sustainable wildlife offtake;
3. Coordinating effectively the development and dissemination of guidelines for conducting commercial activities in protected areas in order to ensure adherence to set standards;
4. Managing effectively the development of appropriate Business strategies and synergies in order to promote new investments in protected areas;
5. Manages effectively tourism product development and marketing in order to promote tourist arrivals and visitor experience;
6. Coordinating effectively the operation of Tourism enterprises (tannery, camping sites, co-managed lodges and wildlife sanctuaries) in order to enhance revenue generation;
7. Coordinating effectively the issuance of licenses and permits to eligible applicants in order to ensure sustainable wildlife utilization;
8. Managing timely preparation and implementation of individual and unit work plans in order to monitor and evaluate performance;
9. Supervise timely preparation and implementation of the budget in order to ensure efficient allocation and utilization of resources; and
10. Managing effectively Coordinating timely preparation and submission of financial, operational and other reports in order to facilitate informed decision making.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
The applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate with a minimum of five (5) Credits including English Language and Mathematics or its equivalent;
- Bachelor of Economics, Bachelor of Business Administration, ACCA, CIMA, CA;
- Eight (8) years working experience at management level;
- Excellent Organizational, and Communication Skills; and
- Good leadership and Interpersonal skills.
- Minimum age thirty (30) years.
(a) All applications must be lodged directly to the Civil Service Commission to the following address:-
The Commission Secretary
Civil Service Commission New Secretariat
P.O. Box 50138
(b) Applications must be submitted together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified photocopies of National Registration Card, Academic and Professional Qualifications to the address given above;
(c) The closing date for receiving applications will be Monday, 4th September, 2023 at 17:00 hours; and
(d) Note that only successful candidates shall be contacted.
Alex Ndhlovu (Mr.)
CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION