Livingstone Institute of Business and Engineering Studies
Assistant Librarian (01)
Reporting to: Training and Consultancy Manager
To assist the Librarian on overall management, planning, administrative, maintenance and budgetary functions of the Library and information Services.
Provide reference assistance to students, faculty and staff in the use of print and online resources and the issuance and return of library materials.
Principal Accountabilities (Main Duties)
- Assist Librarian in checking-in, checking-out of library materials
- Perform patron registration and transaction activities
- Cataloguing and indexing of new books
• Maintain circulation records and make reserves on requested books
• Manage library data and reports utilizing library software systems
- Maintain library materials including bibliographic and other library files
- Assist patrons in finding books, research problems and answering to reference questions.
- Maintain the library in the absence of the Librarian
- Address administrative issues like colleting fines and managing reservations
- Maintain the library clean, safe and organized.
- Organize book talks, tours, multimedia programs, exhibits and displays.
- Edit bibliographic to add or remove items according to current library stock
- Manage library inventory, perform stock checks, and prepare item list for removal, relocation and binding.
- Manage serial collection and acquisition of new library materials.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 Certificate with 5 credits or better including 5 credits including Mathematics and English.
- Minimum of an earned Diploma in Library and Information Science or its equivalent from an accredited and reputable College/University
- Demonstrated ability to conduct research and write scholarly publications
- Computer literate and must be conversant in Microsoft Office package
- Must be a member of the Library Association of Zambia
- At least three (3) years of work experience in a library of an Education Institution
- At least 25 years old
- Working under minimum supervision
- High degree of integrity, initiative, self-confidence and self-supervision.
- Creativity, innovative, creative and critical thinker
Method of Application
Email your applications letters including daytime contact number, curriculum vitae and certified copies of certificates as a single document to must be submitted and addressed to: email@example.com and firstname.lastname@example.org
The Principal, Livingstone Institute of Business and Engineering Studies, Box D27, Livingstone.
Closing date for receipt of applications shall be Sunday 21st January, 2024