Mind Solutions Limited
Our client, an International trading and distribution company, operating five business verticals. Acknowledged for their truly outstanding performance globally. One of the verticals of trading being Auto distribution, our client would like to advance their vision as a preferred auto distributor.
They now want to fill a vital role of a Branch Accountant to add further value to their Ndola based dynamic team. This opportunity is ideal for talented persons, keen to make immediate contributions and prove their caliber.
- To support the main job function by ensuring accurate preparation of financial statements.
- Ensure accurate preparation of FFC pack as required by the auditing committee
- Ensure effective and accurate procedures are followed at year end audit (liaising with auditors, preparation of year-end audit schedules and year-end journals)
- Ensure accurate preparation of annual financial statements as per IFRS
- Ensure accurate preparation of annual FFC Pack
Vehicle and parts imports:
To support the main job function by ensuring accurate accounting of vehicle and parts imports.
- Ensure that import and other relevant documentation are handed in for clearing to relevant employee
- Ensure that insurance is taken out on all imports
- Verify import costing of vehicle or spares
- Assisting and handling of all queries regarding imports
- Ensure all shipments are data-captured into computer system (e.g. Embrace)
- Arrange import and export permits when needed
VAT and other Statutory returns:
To support the main job function by ensuring timeously and accurate statutory returns and payments.
- Verify VAT, income tax, PAYE, UIF and SDL reconciliation and schedule prepared by the bookkeeper
- Verify accuracy and correctness of all returns and sign it off
- Ensure timeously submission of all returns and payments done by the bookkeeper
- Ensure accurate preparation of annual tax computation as well as preparing tax schedule and submitting income tax returns
To support the main job function by managing fixed assets effectively.
- Verify fixed asset register
- Verify depreciation being calculated monthly on computer system (e.g. Embrace)
- Ensure fixed assets are labelled by the bookkeeper
- Review fixed assets register by physical verification, identification of old unused assets, etc.
- Ensure that relevant assets are insured
To support the main job function by effectively approving purchase orders and cheques.
- Purchase Orders
- Verify and sign off purchase orders
- Verify and sign off relevant goods received vouchers for local parts purchases against purchase orders, supplier invoices and Embrace
- Advise bookkeeper on expense accounts allocations
Signing cheque payments:
- Re-verifying that all relevant documents pertaining to the payments are attached to the payment voucher
- Check that the payment is allocated to the correct account
- Verify that the payment is properly authorized
- Ensure cheque is written out correctly
- Sign relevant cheques
To support the main job function by ensuring accuracy of foreign creditors accounts.
- Capture foreign supplier invoices on computer system (e.g. Embrace)
- Reconcile transactions to the general ledger
- Prepare schedules for import bills payable and any purchases from related parties
To support the main job function by ensuring accuracy of the inter-company accounts.
- Prepare and submit relevant debit notes
- Reconcile transactions to the general ledger
- Prepare schedules for amounts due from related parties and sales related parties
To support the main job function by managing general accounts.
- Reconcile USD bank accounts
- Prepare and enter journal entries in relation to bank accounts
- Verify petty cash, bank account, bank reconciliation and journal entries prepared by bookkeeper
- Calculate staff overtime accurately
- Verify trial balance, income statement and balance sheet
- Ensure correct allocation of accounts
- Ensure all relevant expenses are accounted for correctly
- Review expenses and investigate any abnormalities and report reasons for the abnormalities to management
To support the main job function by executing an effective and accurate vehicle sales process.
- Fleet customers:
- Prepare quotations for customers
- Liaise with relevant banks to ensure finance facility is in place
- Ensure vehicles are allocated correctly
- Arrange for licensing and registration documents to be sent to the Bank
- Follow-up and ensure payment is received by Bank
2. Group Companies
- Prepare pro-forma invoices
- Ensure vehicles are correctly allocated
- Prepare relevant export documents
- Ensure all relevant documentation are in order for custom duty claims
- follow up on progress of custom duty claims
- Ensure accurate delivery to group company
To support the main job function by managing the annual stock-taking process.
- Issue instructions for the preparation of stock take to the employees
- Ensure employees is available to perform the relevant stock count
- Print stock count sheets and distribute it accurately to the employee performing the stock take
- Ensure accurate data is captured on computer system (e.g. Embrace) from the count sheets
- Ensure accurate and honest investigations are conducted where variances occur between the actual stock count and the book value
- Advise Executive Director of final variances
- Ensure accurate final variance data is accounted for on the computer system (e.g. Embrace)
To ensure smooth operations.
- Complete attendance register and overtime sheets
- Ensure safe keeping of all assets
- Responsible for the professional use of company equipment
- Manage time effectively
- Meet deadlines
- To obey any reasonable instruction from superior
- Functions and responsibilities listed might change at any time depending upon the operational requirements of the employer
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com