Plan International is an independent development and humanitarian non-governmental organization that advances children’s rights and equality for girls. We believe in the power and potential of every child. But this is often suppressed by poverty, violence, exclusion and discrimination. And its girls who are most affected. Working together with children, young people, our supporters and partners, we strive for a just world, tackling the root causes of the challenges facing girls and all vulnerable children. We support children’s rights from birth until they reach adulthood. And we enable children to prepare for – and respond to – crises and adversity. We drive changes in practice and policy at local, national and global levels using our reach, experience and knowledge. We have been building powerful partnerships for children for 80 years, and are now active in more than 70 countries.
Working in Zambia since 1996, Plan International Zambia’s development and humanitarian programmes focus primarily on Inclusive Quality Education, Skills and Opportunities for Youth Employment and Entrepreneurship, Sexual Reproductive Health and Rights, Early Childhood Development and Gender Responsive Child Protection. Child protection is key in all that we do. Plan International Zambia has Programme Areas (PAs) in; Central, Luapula, and Eastern Provinces including in Lusaka, where the Country Office is located.
We are looking for experienced and vibrant self-starters to fill the following position:
BUSINESS DEVELOPMENT COORDINATOR (X1) – LUSAKA – 2 YEARS CONTRACT
The purpose of the business development coordinator role is to identify business development opportunities, write proposals and concept papers to donors (including institutional, corporate, multi-lateral and, foundations, etc.); raise fund agreement documents and ensure that contracting is finalized between national offices (NOs) and Plan Zambia; and providing support to grants set up, grants management and compliance.
The incumbent will be reporting to the Business Development Manager.
- In collaboration with the Business Development Manager, Identify and build relationships with relevant stakeholders including INGOs, CSOs, government departments and donors for strategic partnerships on co-funding applications, resources mobilization and projects’ delivery.
- Support the development of opportunities such as Expressions of Interest, proposals, concepts to donors (including institutional, corporate, multilateral and foundations, etc.).
- Prepare and develop concept notes and other write ups including proposals.
- Monitor, document and highlight new business development opportunities to ensure that Plan International Zambia is abreast of new opportunities in line with Plan International Zambia s strategic focus.
- Develop Fund Agreement Documents and monitor to ensure contracting is finalized between National Offices (NOs) and Plan Zambia.
- Provide on-going support to Plan field staff and partners on understanding donor financial compliance, identifying financial risks and other best practices related to grant management and organizational development relevant to Plan Zambia project implementation.
- Ensure that all reporting deadlines are adhered to and reports meet highest standards and quality as outlined in reporting guidelines.
- Support stakeholder identification and mapping to feed into a comprehensive stakeholder engagement strategy.
- Manage Plan International’s internal communications for the country office, exploring new ways to get messages across using social media and online platforms.
- Ensures that Plan International’s global policies for Safeguarding of Children & Young People and Gender Equality and Inclusion (GEI) are fully embedded in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policy including relevant Implementation Standards and Guidelines as applicable to their area of responsibility.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Degree in Climate Change, Agriculture, Social Sciences, Business Administration, or related discipline
- Experience in working with local communities and networking with local implementing partners, and private sectors.
- Understanding of the various Donor rules and guidelines.
- Experience in managing multilateral and bilateral donor funded grants/contracts and other fund sources.
- Knowledge of programmes according to Plan International’s Programme Quality and Influencing Policy procedures, the grant agreement process, the cost recovery process, and apportioned costs.
- Understands digital enablers to improve team performance and working practices.
- Encourages digital behaviours through role modelling, the personal development processes.
- Knowhow of financial activities that comply with donor and organizational requirements, considering: waivers, permissions, document management and auditing.
- Keeps abreast of internal and external changes or developments and supports their team to adapt accordingly.
- Understand relevant sectoral context including how the sector operates in terms of funding and governance and awareness of Plan’s purpose, values, and global strategy.
Method of Application
To apply for this position visit: https://jobs.plan-international.org/job-invite/48076/
Kindly note that only candidates who meet the above specifications and competencies should apply. Applications should reach the undersigned not later than 9th November, 2023, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
All Applications should be dated and addressed to:
The Country Human Resource Manager
Plan International Zambia
Private Bag 518X
Plot 87A, Off Kabulonga road
We provide equality of opportunity and will not tolerate discrimination on any grounds. We foster an organizational culture that embraces and exemplifies our commitment to gender equality, girls’ rights and inclusion while supporting staff to adopt good practice, positive attitudes and principles of gender equality and inclusion.
To apply for this job please visit jobs.plan-international.org.