Wasoko (“people of the market” in Swahili) is transforming communities across Africa by revolutionizing access to essential goods and services. We are East Africa’s biggest digitized retail distribution platform powered by our own in-house logistics network. Tens of thousands of informal retailers across five countries (Kenya, Tanzania, Rwanda, Uganda, and Zambia) use Wasoko to order everyday essential goods and receive working capital financing.
The informal retailers of Africa today are the primary if not the only channel used by consumers to purchase essential goods worth over $600 billion per year. The fragmented infrastructure across large land mass, distributed but diverse population and rather a smaller basket size spend does not yet lend themselves to big basket retail or mass consumer eCommerce. Instead, the informal retail ecosystem is THE channel for building the plumbing for digital and consumer
commerce across Africa.
This is Wasoko’s opportunity. Wasoko with its brand, scale and logistics network is best positioned to build the technology-leveraged rails to serve the 1+ billion African consumers through informal retailers. We are building a digital-first operating system for informal retailers, initially focusing on B2B distribution but quickly incorporating other tools and services to help communities across Africa get more for less.
Role: Transport Cash Reconciliation Lead
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
About the Role :
Transport at Wasoko is a fun, fast-paced, agile and people-focused business. We believe in the motto ‘We win together.’
You will support and manage the Logistics team members in a branch, ensuring they have everything they need to achieve and maintain their optimal level of performance. At the same time, you will ensure that operational activities are in line with profit and cost targets, SOP and company policies.
This is a challenging role where you will have the opportunity to grow your career and be part of a strong team.
You must enjoy being part of a dedicated team working together to make a difference in the lives of our customers and employees in relevant and memorable ways.
If you are looking for a change and ready to make a difference … we are looking for you.
Reporting to: Branch Transport Supervisor
Roles and Responsibilities :
- Reconciling payments to ensure the IMS/WMS reflects the correct transactions as shared by DAs
- System verification on cash reconciliations to ensure each transaction is accurate
- Account reconciliations such as bank, till payment codes, clearing, billings etc.
- Performing daily financial transactions such as verifying, calculating and posting and approving DAs payments as well as validation with finance and ensure 100% same day collection
- Sharing on daily basis DAs cash reconciliation and variance reports with clear explanations
- Supporting the month end cash reconciliation process
- Generating monthly DAs cash recon reports and following with finance to validate the EoM closing balances arrived at matches their numbers.
- Ability to verify that cash receipts/till payments and deposits are recorded accurately and verify against bank statement
- Ability to identify errors
- Appropriate handling of sensitive information
- Ability to work with strict deadlines
- High level of attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Team player with the ability to work with multiple parties
- Intermediate to advanced computer software skills, including Excel and Accounting packages
- Degree/Diploma in Accounting, Business Operations, Business Administration, or finance related background.
- A diploma in the same with at least 2 years of experience in last mile logistics can be considered
To apply for this job please visit wasoko.breezy.hr.