Patents And Companies Registration Agency (PACRA)
The Patents and Companies Registration Agency (PACRA) is a statutory body under the Ministry of Commerce, Trade and Industry (MCTI), established under the Patents and Companies Registration Agency Act No. 4 of 2020. The principal mandate of the Agency is to provide business and intellectual property registration services. Additionally, the Agency is responsible for the management of the collateral registry for movable property as well as accreditation of insolvency practitioners.
1.0 JOB PURPOSE:
To manage the financial affairs of the Agency, prepare financial reports and disburse funds in order to facilitate efficient operations and accountability for funds.
2.0 GRADE AND REPORTING LINE
Salary Grade P2 and reporting to the Registrar and Chief Executive
3.0 MAIN DUTIES
• Develops, implements and maintains effective financial systems in order to ensure proper financial management. Advises Senior Management Team on all matters relating to financial management and accounting.
• Revenue Assurance and Financial Controls Management, Payroll Management and Projects Management. Internal Control and Compliance Ensures the timely preparation, submission and effective implementation of the budget in compliance with the budget provisions.
• Establishes, reviews, and updates financial policies and procedures that are relevant and cost effective to the Agency. Budget and Budgetary Control: Manages effectively all financial transactions of the institution in order to ensure prudent utilisation of funds.
• Financial Management and Reporting: Ensures timely preparation and submission of financial reports and statements. Management of Audit Assignments – Coordinates effectively all external audit operations.
• Ensures that all assets are properly managed.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
• Full Grade 12 with five (5) “O” Levels with credit or better in Mathematics and English Language or equivalent.
• University Degree in Accountancy/Finance with ACCA or CIMA, Professional ZICA/CA or its equivalent.
• Master of Business Administration or in a related field will be an added advantage.
• Membership of the Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountant (ZICA).
• Ten (10) years post qualification of which six (6) must be at Senior Management in a reputable Organization.
• Proficiency with accounting software, word processing, and spreadsheets.
• Excellent accounting, financial management and budgeting skills.
• Knowledgeable of International Financial Reporting Standards (IFRS).
• Maintains highest level of confidentiality and integrity. Successful track record as a manager: able to motivate, guide and develop team members.
• Highly computer literate, able to write and present reports. High integrity and ethical attributes.
Method Of Application
Applicants who meet the respective stated qualifications and experience should submit their applications with detailed curriculum vitae and certified copies of their academic and professional qualifications including details of three (3) traceable referees and their contact numbers not later than 17:00hrs on 21″ April 2023 clearly stating on top of the envelop the position applied for “Application for Chief Finance Officer” to:
The Registrar and Chief Executive Officer Patents and Companies Registration Agency
8471 PACRA House, Haile Selassie, Longacres
P. O. Box 32020
PLEASE NOTE THAT ONLY SHORTLISTED APPLICANTS WILL BE CONTACTED