KoBold Metals Zambia Limited
About the Company
KoBold Metals Zambia Limited is a Zambian-led company exploring for the ore deposits that will become the next generation of new mines in Zambia.
KoBold Metals Zambia is the Zambian affiliate of KoBold Metals, a U.S.-based company exploring around the world for battery metals using proprietary AI to guide exploration decisions. Our business is discovering, defining, expanding, and developing mineral resources, and our objective is to achieve a step-change improvement in exploration success resulting in more tier 1 resources discovered faster, with fewer failures, and with far less exploration capital.
KoBold is privately held and its investors include: institutional asset managers T. Rowe Price and Canada Pension Plan Investments; technology venture capitalists Andreessen Horowitz, Bill Gates’s Breakthrough Energy Ventures, BOND Capital, Standard Investments, and Sam Altman’s Apollo Projects; and leading natural resources companies Equinor, Mitsubishi, and BHP.
KoBold Metals Zambia is building a rapidly growing team of Zambian geologists, operators, and executives to identify, acquire, explore, and develop exploration opportunities and mineral resources drawing upon KoBold’s technology and the expertise of colleagues worldwide.
About the Position
The Community Liaison Officer (CLO) will report to the Community and Social Responsibility Manager. They will support KoBold’s work in building meaningful relationships with stakeholders near our exploration projects and eventual implementation of development programs. Such stakeholders will include, but not limited to:
Members of the local community
Community-based organizations and locally organized registered groups
Responsibilities of this position include:
- Establish and maintain transparent, respectful, meaningful and continuous dialogue with stakeholders through formal and informal engagement activities.
- Coordinate, facilitate and participate in community engagement events, stakeholder meetings and other activities to ensure our host communities are kept informed of our activities.
- Support the identification and mapping of stakeholders, document engagement activities and keep the stakeholder register up to date.
- Receive, register and investigate complaints and grievances, emerging issues and social incidents related to KoBold’s activities with the aim to address stakeholder concerns in a timely manner and minimize risks.
- Support land access negotiations.
- Participate in the collection of social data to contribute to building knowledge of the social context of our project sites.
- Support the effective management of commitments and implementation of community development programs.
Our ideal candidate will have:
Full Grade 12 Certificate
Degree in Social Work or Social Science related field
2+ years of land and/or community engagement experience in natural resources, NGOs, civil society organizations or mining environment.
Experience in the implementation of community development programs and/or community mobilization initiatives (in public health, education, livelihoods)
Ability to diffuse tense situations
Clear, proactive communication
Highly motivated, enthusiastic and proactive
We are committed to equal employment opportunities for all people.
This position is a full-time contract role. At this time, we are only accepting applications from Zambian nationals.