Panda Africa Solutions Limited
Panda Africa is a licensed micro-finance institution that was incorporated and registered as a limited company in 2016 under Cap 388 company’s Act of the Laws of Zambia.
Our mission is to make financing accessible and affordable across Africa and the mandate is to provide tailor made affordable loans with flexible repayments to enable customers meet urgent financial needs with ease. We believe credit should be easily accessible to people. Anyone should be able to borrow as long as they have the capacity and willingness to pay back.
Primary purpose of the job is to manage risks (including fraud risks), conduct forensic investigations and provide assessments, analytics, monitoring, and reporting, within the set policies, procedures and standards. Ensuring that the organization complies with all relevant laws, regulations, and internal policies.
The role is critical in maintaining high integrity and reputation of the company, as well as minimising legal and financial risks, to ensure that the company adheres to legal standards and in-house policies. You will be responsible for enforcing regulations in all aspects and levels of business as well as provide guidance on compliance matters.
Duties and Responsibilities include:
Develop and implement Compliance strategies, policies, and procedures to enhance efficiency and effectiveness.
Monitor day-to-day operations and ensure adherence to established processes and compliance quality standards.
Identify areas for improvement and implement initiatives to streamline operations
Ensure effective communication to members on any changes in regulatory requirements.
Developing and overseeing control systems to prevent or deal with violations of legal guidelines and internal policies
Evaluating the efficiency of controls and improve them continuously
Foster a culture of continuous improvement and compliance excellence throughout the company.
Team leadership and Management:
Promote a culture of accountability, professionalism, and high performance within all Panda team.
Conduct regular performance evaluations, provide feedback, and implement strategies for employee engagement and development.
Training and Education:
Provide training sessions to employees on compliance-related topics.
Promote a culture of compliance within the organization.
Coordinate administrative support for various departments, such as HR, Finance, and Marketing. By Ensuring that all practitioners holding positions in the said departments are qualified, registered and duly licenced in accordance with their professional bodies.
Process Optimization and Efficiency
Analyze existing processes and identify opportunities to improve efficiency, reduce costs, and enhance productivity.
Implement process improvement initiatives and best practices to optimize workflow.
Collaborate with cross-functional teams to streamline interdepartmental processes and enhance overall company efficiency to ensure a comprehensive approach to compliance.
Reporting and Documentation:
Prepare and submit regular reports to Senior Management and regulatory authorities.
Maintain comprehensive documentation of compliance activities
Quality Assurance and Compliance:
Develop and implement quality compliance procedures to ensure products/services meet or exceed customer expectations.
Monitor and evaluate compliance performance against quality standards, identifying areas for improvement and implementing corrective actions.
Ensure compliance with relevant regulations, industry standards, and safety protocols.
Conduct regular audits and to maintain a high level of quality and compliance in all the departments.
Conduct internal investigations in response to compliance violations or concerns.
Collaborate with other departments to address and resolve compliance issues.
Refer cases of breaches to the CEO:
Ethics and Integrity:
Promote ethical behavior and integrity throughout the organization.
Develop and enforce a compliance code of conduct.
- Develop and oversee control systems to prevent or deal with violations of legal guidelines and internal policies
- Evaluate the efficiency of controls and improve them continuously.
- Revise procedures, reports etc. periodically to identify hidden risks or non-conformity issues
- Draft, modify and implement company policies
- Collaborate with external counsels to monitor enforcement of standards and regulations
- Assess the business’s future ventures to identify possible compliance risks
- Keep abreast of regulatory developments within or outside of the company as well as evolving best practices in compliance control
Budgeting and Cost Management:
In liaison with Finance Unit, develop strategies to avert revenue leakages arising from non-compliance
Attend meetings as required
Experience and Qualification/Skills
- Proven experience as Compliance Officer
- Grade 12 Certificate
- In-depth knowledge of the industry’s standards and regulations
- Excellent knowledge of reporting procedures and record keeping
- A business acumen partnered with a dedication to legality
- Methodical and diligent with outstanding planning abilities
- An analytical mind able to “see” the complexities of procedures and regulations
- Excellent communication skills
- BSc/BA in law, finance, business administration or related field
Certified compliance professional is a plus
- 3-5 years of experience in Compliance, legal, or related field.
- Familiarity with the Financial industry regulations applicable to the organisation .
Method of Application
Candidates who meet the above requirements are encouraged to send a CV and cover letter in PDF format as one document to firstname.lastname@example.org