Sanlam Life Insurance Zambia Limited
Live with Confidence™
We’re in the business of planning for tomorrow. The never-ending pursuit of meticulously crafting our clients’ futures. We do this by truly appreciating the value of money and turning the materials we are given into something more. It’s our trade and it is something we are passionate about. It’s what makes us Live with Confidence.
Sanlam Life Insurance Zambia Limited seeks to recruit qualified and experienced professionals in the following vacancy:
Reporting to the Customer Services Manager, the Contact Centre Officer is responsible for providing information, and responding to queries and complaints in order to ensure that customers are satisfied with Sanlam’s products, services, and features. The Contact Centre Officer will also be responsible for generating sales leads for the Contact Centre.
Main Duties/ Responsibilities
These will be in two main areas:
- Attending to all walk-in and telephone clients and directing them accordingly.
- Ensuring that all incoming calls and queries are answered promptly, providing first contact resolution, and providing accurate and satisfactory answers to customer queries and concerns.
- Ensuring that all complaints are promptly handled and escalated as and when required, and de-escalating situations involving dissatisfied customers, offering patient assistance and support.
- Ensuring that all claims’ documents submitted via digital platforms by clients are thoroughly checked and paid for within the Claims turnaround time.
- Ensuring that clients’ requests are acknowledged, and that all complaints are lodged and resolved within 7 working days.
- Liaising with back office for necessary corrective processes, and collaborating with other contact centre professionals to improve customer service.
- Keeping accurate Inbound Client Records.
- Reviewing client accounts and providing updates and information about their policies.
- Ensuring that customer engagements are done via all touch points.
- Calling existing and potential clients to inform them about the company’s new products, services, and policies.
- Converting Online Leads into sales, and mining for leads from all Customer touch points.
- Cross selling and up-selling on existing clients.
- Ensuring customer retention of non-taken policies, and reinstatements.
- Quantitatively increasing productivity of E-Channel sales.
- Achievement of monthly/ quarterly/ bi-annual and annual sales targets and provision of reports on the numbers of leads received, and numbers of customers contacted.
- Liaison with the Digital marketing team to cultivate leads and converting them into sales.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Grade 12 Certificate (or equivalent)
- Diploma in Business Administration and or Diploma in Sales and Marketing
- Insurance Qualification from a recognized institution shall be an added advantage.
- Minimum of one (1) year’s relevant experience in a contact center.
Skills and Attributes
The successful candidate must be fast-thing, innovative and has the following:
- Computer literacy.
- Phone-etiquette skills, including familiarity with complex or multi-line phone systems.
- Troubleshooting skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Effective and active listening skills.
- Exceptional interpersonal and rapport building skills.
- A patient and empathetic attitude.
- Strong time management and organizational skills.
- Adaptability and flexibility.
- Must be comfortable working in a fast-paced environment.
- Basic understanding of the insurance industry which can be nurtured into an in-depth knowledge of our company’s products and services.
- Ability to speak multiple languages, especially those common to our clientele.
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the minimum qualifications should apply to the Executive Head of Human Capital, Sanlam Life Insurance Zambia Limited, Zenera House, Corner Lagos and Lubuto Roads P.O. Box 31991, Lusaka Zambia, or email to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than Tuesday 23rd May 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.