Private International Security Company
Position/Employment type: Control room Head Controller
Organization/Reporting line: Head of Security & Operations
Place of work: Zambia
Contact and Cooperation:
To support the company in all areas of Operations
- Supervises and directs the activities of assigned staff; coordinates, prioritizes and assigns tasks and projects; tracks and reviews work progress and activities; participates in the recruitment and selection of staff; undertakes disciplinary action as required; conducts performance evaluations; coordinates the scheduling of staff to ensure proper operational coverage.
- Oversees operations to identify needs; ensures compliance with regulations; trains staff as required.
- Assists Lieutenant and/or Commander with the development of goals, objectives, policies and procedures; ensures compliance with and effectively implements policies and procedures; attends and conducts meetings and training sessions as required; performs department accounting duties as assigned.
- Contributes to the efficiency and effectiveness of the Detention Centre and to the unit’s service to its customers by offering suggestions and directing or participating as an active member of a work team.
- Performs duties of Control Room Operator as required; Operates detention facility security doors and devices; monitors prisoner movements and disruptive behaviours; requests appropriate emergency responses to violent disturbances and emergent medical incidents.
- Oversees and personally performs a variety of administrative details such as entering employee time, preparing purchase requisitions, arranging for the repair of equipment, transmitting information, and keeping reference materials up to date.
- Represents the County with dignity, integrity, and a spirit of cooperation in all relationships with staff and the public.
Qualifications & Experience:
- Full G12 Certificate
- Diploma and a minimum 3 years of control room operator experience; OR an equivalent combination of education, training and experience
- Computer literacy
- Good Communication Skills
To apply for this job email your details to Mando.Makasa@garda.com