Barrick Gold Corporation
Lumwana Mining Company seeks to recruit a highly committed employee for the position of Core Shed Coordinator – PFS (Fixed Term Contract) to join the versatile Mineral Resource Management Department – PFS Section.
- Communicating Honestly, Transparently, and Acting with Integrity
- Exhibiting a Results-Driven approach
- Delivering solutions that are Fit for Purpose
- Dedicating themselves to Building a Sustainable Legacy
- Taking Responsibility and being Accountable
- Committing to Zero Harm
- Cultivating strong and meaningful Partnerships
Reporting to the Geology Superintendent – PFS, you will coordinate the day-to-day activities in the core shed, and the core farm, in order to connect the core shed works, to the operations plans, and all the way up the chain to drilling operations and geological data collection needs and ensure smooth progress in core shed and drilling operation’s needs. Your duties will include but are not limited to the following:
- Sample Integrity: Maintain the physical and informational integrity of all core samples.
- Data Accuracy: Ensure accurate and up-to-date records of all samples in the core shed.
- Operational Efficiency: Streamline core shed operations to support timely and effective geological analysis.
- Compliance and Safety: Uphold safety standards and regulatory compliance in core shed operations.
- Implement operational improvements as identified.
- Inventory Management: Oversee the receipt, tagging, and systematic storage of core samples, as well as ensure timely and accurate dispatch of core samples
- Database Management: Maintain a digital database of core samples, recording their geological attributes and location.
- Quality Assurance: Implement checks to ensure the quality and preservation of core samples.
- Equipment Oversight: Manage and maintain core shed equipment, scheduling repairs and upgrades as necessary.
- Team Collaboration: Liaise with geologists and core shed supervisors to prioritize sample analysis and fulfil research requirements.
- Data consistency: Ensure geologist are logging data consistently and as per the requirements at the time.
- Ensure geological inputs depending on the shed are delivered for modelling purposes in a timely manner.
To be considered for the position, you must meet the following requirements
- Full Grade 12 School Certificate
- Degree in Geology, Earth Sciences, or a related field.
- Certification in geological sample handling will be an added advantage.
- Proven experience in core shed management or a similar geological role.
- Proficiency in geological database management and relevant software.
- Strong organizational, analytical, and problem-solving skills.
- Effective communication skills for coordinating with different team members.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Power Point, Word)
- Must have a valid Driver’s Licence.
- Must be familiar with safe working practices.
What We Can Offer You:
- A comprehensive compensation package including bonuses and site-specific benefits.
- The ability to make a difference and lasting impact.
- Work in a dynamic, collaborative, progressive, and high-performing team
- Opportunities to grow and learn with industry colleagues.
- Access to a variety of career opportunities across the organisation
METHOD OF APPLICATION
Applicants that meet the above stated requirements are invited to submit their CVs to the Job Portal link: https://jobs.barrick.com/.
Barrick has a strong commitment to environmental, health and safety management.
Barrick offers employment opportunities to both qualified women and men.
Women who meet the above qualification are strongly encouraged to apply.
Closing date for receipt of applications is 25th November 2023. If you are not contacted by HR department within 30 days after the closing date, you should consider your application as unsuccessful.
‘Be Aware of Fraudsters’
Lumwana Mining Company does not solicit for payment of any funds towards the recruitment process.