AGL Zambia Limited
AGL (Africa Global Logistics) is the reference multimodal logistics operator (port, logistics, sea and rail) in Africa.
The company is now part of the MSC Group, a leading shipping and logistics group. Having developed its expertise over more than a century and with more than 23,000 employees working in 49 countries, AGL provides its African and global customers with global, customized and innovative logistics solutions, with the goal of contributing in a sustainable way to the transformations of Africa. AGL is also present in Haiti and Timor.
AGL Zambia Limited is pleased to announce an incredibly exciting opportunity to join the Finance department at our Lusaka Head Office as Cost Controller.
How You Will Impact AGL Zambia Ltd.
Under the supervision of the Financial Controller you will assist with overseeing cost management of AGL Zambia as an important factor in maintaining and growing profitability through the following functions and responsibilities.
- Preparation and distribution of monthly Profit & Loss Statements to HOD’s
- Working Collaboratively with department heads to analyse costs
- Review and identify rising trends in cost
- Collectively propose cost mitigating measures
- Review cost generating elements such FA, EWS allocations and transactions posted
- Provide critical assessment of all budgets and cost projections.
- Analyse invoices/ Invoice vouchers to ensure correctness of analytics in the accounting system
- Assist in yearly External & internal Audit process.
- Assist in the preparation the budgetary process
- Monthly Investments management, DAC (Investment proposal memo reviews)
- Monthly Investments update circulation to HOD’s
- Investment proposal distribution to HOD’s during the budget period
- Investment consolidation and upload in Invest
- Monthly Submission of Investment reporting tool
What You Need to Succeed.
- Advanced Diploma in Accounting or its equivalent
- At least 3-5 years of work experience
- Paid up member of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA)
- Must be fluent in both written and verbal English.
- Must be fluent with Microsoft applications such as Excel, Word
- Able to work under pressure and meet deadlines timeously.
Method of Application
To apply for this position, please send your application letter and curriculum vitae as one PDF document to the Human Resources Department email; email@example.com by the 24th of January 2024.