COUNTRY ADMINISTRATOR RECRUITMENT
Title: Country Administrator
Location: Lusaka, Zambia
Project: Educare: Inclusive Actions to protect the rights of children with disabilities.
Reporting Relationship: Celim Zambia Country Representative; Senior Finance Manager, Celim HQ;
- Responsible for training and mentorship of partners’ staff in financial management systems and procedures to ensure competency and proficiency and that required reports are submitted promptly and accurately.
- Responsible for Celim cash books and cash flow management including managing the relationships with banks and providers of services.
- Responsible for Local Partner budget and cash flow management duties to include fund release request preparation (Fund Requests), coordination and supervision of cash forecast requirements, assisting in the development of new proposal budget, review of Local Partner annual forecasts, and optimal reallocation and utilization of funds.
- Monitor the Local Partners compliance with policies, procedures, and regulations; Ensure Local Partners compliance with Terms and Conditions in Partners Agreement, including monthly bank balance reporting requirements, compliance with procurement policy.
- Responsible for assisting Local Partner staff on finance manual requirements, capacity building for staff on finance activities in compliance with policy and procedures; periodic review of staff performance and systems and offer recommendations on improvement.
- Responsible for review and analysis of monthly, quarterly, and annual financial reports of Celim and Local Partners, ensure records management for review requirements.
- Responsible, in conjunction with the Logistics officer, of administrative deadlines and requirements of Celim HQ in Lusaka.
- Responsible for Donors’ Audit and Expenditure verification and Country Audit for registration: Supervise the organization of Donor’s Audit requests and Expenditure verification in coordination with HQ, according to Celim external audit procedure.
- Guarantee the correct HR management for local staff: supervise that staff contracts are defined according to local laws, revision of the monthly payroll and salary payments and verify the correct allocation of staff costs.
- Supervise preparation of contracts with suppliers and any other contract issued by the coordination office. Ensure that contractual commitments are accurately tracked and the payment of related taxes.
- Provide assistance to project managers and logistics team in procurement process and ensure that all procurements are done according to Celim and Donor Procedures;
- 4 years’ work experience in finance, accounting/bookkeeping activities, auditing, business administration, or related fields.
- Experience in an organization with major donor funding (UN/EU/USG Grants) Standard Provisions and Financial Requirements preferable.
- Experience in budget preparation.
- Experience working in a non-governmental organization (NGO) preferred.
- Experience and proficiency on financial software and reporting systems.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Programs including Excel, Word, and Outlook.
- Self-guided, strong organizational and planning skills;
- Ability to work independently and under pressure.
- Ability to manage interpersonal relations and work effectively with others, to establish and maintain good working relations in a multicultural, multiethnic environment while showing sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Outstanding written and oral communication skills in English; fluency in a local language.
Professional Certificates such as
- ZICA, mandatory.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, mandatory.
- Advanced Degree or Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Chartered Certified Accountant (ACCA) and/ or Certified Internal Auditor (CIA), preferred.
- Master Degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration, preferred.
Method of Application
The Application must be sent only via email at firstname.lastname@example.org, subject: Country Administrator_Applicant Surname.
The CV and all relevant certificates should be submitted via email while applying for this position.
The Application must be sent not later than September 8, 2023, 17:00 pm CAT.
ONLY QUALIFIED APPLICANTS SHOULD SUBMIT THEIR CV TO THE EMAIL ADDRESS ABOVE MENTIONED.
Celim Zambia is committed to safeguarding the interests, rights, and well-being of children with whom it is in contact in all its operations and programmes