The Credit and Collections Manager will be responsible for managing the day-to-day operations of the company’s credit and collection department. He/she will accountable for developing and implementing policies and procedures for the credit and collections department, training and managing a team of credit and collections specialists, reviewing account receivables on a regular basis to ensure accuracy and compliance, establishing credit limits for new and existing customers
PLANNING AND GOVERNANCE
- Ensure policies and procedures are adequate
- Revise policies regularly to ensure alignment to internal and regulatory changes
- Ensure responsibilities/tasks are well defined and level of authority and approval are clearly defined for each credit staff in the entire credit process
- Ensure sufficient and competent resources are available and placed appropriately
- Put in place clear communication channels for policy communication to staff and training
- Ensure segregation of duties are well defined and access rights provided accordingly
- Create a functional organization structure.
- Put in place a proper success plan to ensure continuity
- Ensure loan credit appraisal process is well defined
- Evaluating the creditworthiness of potential customers
- Approval of within limit loan applications
- Ensure credit evaluation and affordability tests are performed diligently on each loan application
- Ensure completeness and validity of documents obtained before loan is approved;
- Ensure timely authorized disbursements for approved facilities
- Ensure compliance to all underwriting rules as per training environment
CREDIT MONITORING & REPORTING
- Ensure data quality control and assurance process is well defined
- Ensure loan book tracking and accuracy of credit data of all disbursements, Interest accrual and repayments
- Develop and recommend reports that will ensure accurate reporting daily, weekly and monthly
- Ensure correct and accurate loan book, customer statements and age analysis reports
- Perform monthly reconciliations to ensure accuracy and completeness of loans processed, disbursed, collected funds, and accrued interest
COLLECTIONS, DEBT MANAGEMENT
- Ensure efficiency in collections – amounts due should be collected when they are due.
- Build and train effective collection teams and process to manage due and overdue payments
- Ensure preparation of accurate and timely loan deduction files are submitted to employers on time
- Create relationship with employers back office & Payroll staff for smooth collections
- Timely and accurate and timely assignment of payments to loan accounts
- Recommend bad debts to be written off with clear motivation to the CEO and Board
LOAN MANAGEMENT SYSTEM FIT
- Review regularly the system alignment on credit processes to the business and regulatory needs
- CV only.
- 2-3 years’ work experience in a Micro-financial sector as a senior or credit manager
- Credit Risk and Debt Collection experience
- Attention to details
- High integrity and ethical standards
- Excellent Leadership skills
- Credit Risk foresight
- Grade 12 School Certificate with 5 credits including English and Mathematics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business/Credit Management/Finance, ACCA, CIMA/Risk Management
PLEASE PROVIDE THE ADDITIONAL INFORMATION ON A SEPARATE SCHEDULE.
- What is your Salary Expectation?
- When are you ready to start
- Are you based in Lusaka?
- How long have you worked in the position you have applied for?
- Are you currently doing a similar job?