Credit & Risk Department is tasked with critical review and analysis of all business loans contracts before disbursements as well as ensuring full recovery of all Loans money issued. Your role is to manage the evaluation of the Creditworthiness and risk of customers to facilitate critical decision making in underwriting.
- Develop and review customer credit policies to provide lending guidelines.
Ensure adherence to company credit criteria in the Credit Policy.
- Evaluate customer creditworthiness for underwriting decisions.
- Process loan applications within a 24-hour turnaround, considering relevant ratios and metrics.
- Conduct detailed affordability and financial analyses on applicants.
- Comply with laws, regulations, and lending compliance guidelines.
- Manage the evaluation of customer risk to determine lending conditions.
- Conduct regular account reviews to manage bad debts and improve portfolio quality
- Collect and analyze financial data for lending and investment decisions.
- Monitor and review payments and settlement times to ensure policy compliance and protect the company’s interests.
- Prepare credit, risk, and portfolio reports efficiently by the 10th day of the following month.
- Effectively manage human, financial, and other resources to achieve departmental and company objectives
- Develop and implement performance management systems for monitoring and evaluating performance.
- Engage with external stakeholders, including the Bank of Zambia and other financial institutions, on policy matters and financial information.
Overall, the Credit Supervisor plays a crucial role in maintaining the financial health, security, and sustainability of the business through effective credit management and risk analysis.
EXPERIENCE, KNOWLEDGE & SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of Bachelor of Economics, Economics with Finance, Operations Management
- 4 years work experience is a must, at least 1 year Micro Finance sector experience is a must
- IT proficiency: Microsoft Word, Excel, power point and Project software is a must.
- Good interpersonal/intersectional skills, leadership skills, Analytical, Planning & organisational skills, Sound IQ and persuasive skills, tact, courtesy, and initiative.
- Ability to be discrete with strict confidentiality to sensitive matters.
- Must be able to reports in acceptable standards with clear outline of SWOT analysis.
- Must be quick, flexibly, effective, and positive to requests made at short notice with minimum supervision.