Empowering Africa’s tomorrow, together…one story at a time.
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
My Career Development Portal: Wherever you are in your career, we are here for you. Design your future. Discover leading-edge guidance, tools and support to unlock your potential. You are Absa. You are possibility.
The job is responsible for the supervising the CRES team members in ensuring that internal and external clients are supported. The role includes supervision of lease administration, Health and Safety Policies, repairs and maintenance, snap check, contract administration, supervision of payments, Supplier Relationship Management, generation of Management Information.
The job holder will be expected to implement Budget execution and supervision of construction projects.
Accountability: Property and Lease Administration: – (60%)
- Supervise lease administration i.e. lease renewal, updating Lease administration system (Horizon), lease terminations.
- Ensuring that all regulatory charges such as rates, ground rates etc on properties are paid in time.
- Maintaining good records for all property related documentation i.e. payment records, withholding tax, rentals.
- Providing overall sense checking of quotations once received from vendors to ensure adherence to sourcing guidelines and procedures.
- Ensuring that service contracts are in place and monitored for generators, air conditioning, fire, UPS systems, general repairs and maintenance.
- Ensuring that maintenance schedules are in place for UPS systems, electrical systems, switchgear, HVAC and air-conditioning units, emergency lighting and lightening protections systems etc are inspected, tested, serviced and maintained.
- Ensuring that biannual electrical check are undertaken in all branches
- Ensuring that SHE policies are adhered to at all times.
- Ensure that snap checks are done in good time.
- Ensure that periodic inspection of branches is undertaken Quarterly.
- Supervise project delivery i.e. ATM installation, Branch fit out and refurbishment.
- Review of Policies annually or as required.
- Maintain an updated property register i.e. lease agreement files (soft copy and hard copy), title deeds file, Policy files etc.
- Maintain Property repairs tracker and updating closure.
- Ensure the department is sufficiently stocked with all office requirements.
Accountability: Stakeholder Management, Risk & Control (30%)
- Engage with Records Management team to implement required actions which arise from time to time.
- Engage with Branch Managers, Team Leaders and other key stakeholders to ensure effective routine maintenance of bank property.
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Absa Operational Risk Framework and internal Absa Policies and Standards
- Ensure that all Issue Closure Packs (ICP) are closed in time.
- Provide various input into all reports requested by the business.
Accountability: Leadership (10%)
- Live Group behaviours and inspire others in working together to achieve the strategic vision.
- Pursue your own development to increase personal effectiveness, acknowledging strengths and areas of development.
Higher Diplomas: Manufacturing, Engineering and Technology (Required)
To apply for this job please visit absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.