British Council Zambia
Location: Lusaka, Sub Saharan Africa, ZM
Company: British Council
We support peace and prosperity by building connections, understanding and trust between people in the UK and countries worldwide.
We work directly with individuals to help them gain the skills, confidence and connections to transform their lives and shape a better world in partnership with the UK. We support them to build networks and explore creative ideas, to learn English, to get a high-quality education and to gain internationally recognised qualifications.
Working with people in over 200 countries and territories, we are on the ground in more than 100 countries. In 2021–22 we reached 650 million people.
Customer Service and Sales Manager Zambia
To lead the customer management and sales function in the delivery of Exams sales targets and KPIs. Furthermore, to motivate and foster a good team spirit that enables a high quality, efficient and positive experience for customers, clients, and stakeholders as per agreed Service Level Agreement.
Main accountabilities but not limited to the following:
- Build, lead and motivate the Sales and Customer Management team to achieve and exceed new sales and conversion KPIs.
- Run the day-to-day operation of British Council Customer Services in accordance with corporate standards and policies.
- Map the Customer Journey, measuring the customer experience regularly to make improvements.
- Work closely with Marketing on lead generation strategies.
- Facilitate a monthly session that analyses NPS trends and reasons impacting performance.
- Monitor test day experiences on a quarterly basis and use observations for continuous service improvement.
- Recruit and line manage members of the Customer Service Team as per British Council guidelines and standards.
Role specific knowledge and experience:
- Ability to lead a sales team.
- Dedication to providing great customer service
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- University Degree or degree-level (level 5 or above) qualification, and/or equivalent professional experience
- At least three years’ experience in planning and implementing sales strategies, customer relationship management and managing and directing a sales team.
- Customer Service Professional Qualification
- Marketing Qualification
- Knowledge of SAP, CRM
- Pay Band – BRC-6-F
- Remuneration: ZMK 29,137.00 per month plus benefits
- Contract Type – Two (2) Year Fixed Term Contract
- Department: Exams
- Location: Lusaka, Zambia
- Language requirements: English level C1
- Role holder must have existing rights to live and work in the country the role is based.
- The Exams business units operate six days a week with Saturdays and weekday evenings usually times of peak demand. Working schedules are subject to variations to account for activity patterns and will involve unsocial working hours
- Closing Date – 20 August 2023 applications will close 23:59 East Africa Time
To apply for this job please visit careers.britishcouncil.org.