GreenCo Power Services Limited
GreenCo Power Services Limited is delighted to announce its 4th round of corporate internship programmes. We are pleased to open doors to new candidates who are determined and enthusiastic about creating an impact in the energy sector. Our work environment is agile and dynamic, emphasizing innovation and fostering a culture of impact. If you’re passionate about making a positive impact and eager to embrace new challenges, explore our job opportunities, apply and be part of our transformative internship program.
A. About GreenCo Power Services Limited (GreenCo)
GreenCo’s vision is to lead innovation and sustainably transform renewable energy markets.
An innovative business model with sector changing potential.
Focused on creating impact through innovative business solutions in the energy sector.
Agile start-up culture with a focus on individual responsibility and personal impact.
GreenCo acts as an intermediary off taker and service provider, purchasing power from renewable IPPs and selling that electricity to utilities and private sector offtakers (i.e. commercial and industrial users) and markets of the SAPP. GreenCo will mitigate the risk of purchaser default through an ability to secure alternative buyers or through short-term trading on the SAPP electricity markets. Through its participation in competitive power markets, GreenCo will promote cross-border power transactions and a more dynamic and liquid short-term power market. Through its activities, GreenCo will increase the supply of, and demand for, finance for energy projects, and mobilise private sector capital more quickly towards critical and transformative capacity addition. GreenCo is a data oriented organisation and its ambitions in this regard is to add value to the newly graduated students who will eventually find their feet in the corporate world. We therefore are reaching out directly to Universities in and around Zambia to identify promising statisticians/mathematician students to enroll in our corporate internship program, which may lead to permanent positions with GreenCo in varying disciplines, subject to availability of openings.
B. The Role in Context
Data Analyst Intern
GreenCo invites talented Stasticians or Mathematicians to apply for the position of Data Analyst Intern– a role under our Corporate Internship Programme. Details about the role are provided below.
- Closely follow technically relevant workstreams and proactively grow requisite skills.
- Draw on a foundational technical skill; computer programming (C++, SQL, Matlab), Excel,
- Power systems, to carry out various day to day assignments including data manipulation, systems testing, data visualization etc.
- Support engineers/supervisors on various technical workstreams as may arise.
- Manage and update databases as required.
- Attend meetings, take minutes, and engage appropriately as required.
- Carry out research on emerging areas.
- Project Management.
C. Qualifications and Requirements
- The candidate is expected to bring a combination of the following experience, personal attributes and qualifications:
- A recognized bachelors degree in Statistics/ Mathematics obtained in or after 2020;
- Excellent oral and written skills in English;
- Strong analytical mindset
- Strong working knowledge of common office productivity IT tools and software like MS Office;
- Strong math background with focus on Stochastic, Linear Algebra and Calculus
- Strong Excel skills
- Experience in MATLAB,R or Python
- Experience in Machine Learning and Data Visualization preferred
- Strong data analysis skills using general-purpose statistical software packages or specific ones in the area of sustainable development; and
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multitasking skills.
- Knowledge of SQL and NoSQL preferred
D. Time Commitment
This is an exciting full time internship opportunity for 6 months for a keen candidate which could grow into a fixed term contract.
E. Conflict of Interest
Potential conflicts of interest must be declared and discussed prior to this appointment.
F. Information about GreenCo
For more information about GreenCo please kindly see: www.africagreenco.com
Method of Application
Prospective candidates are invited to submit their applications through the following link.
Closing date : 7th November 2023
To apply for this job please visit greenco.bamboohr.com.