PremierCredit Zambia Limited
PremierCredit is Zambia’s leading and fastest growing International financial technology (fintech) company operating in emerging markets in Southern Africa. The company operates an online microlending and Investment platform for small businesses and individuals, making financial services inclusive, accessible, and affordable.
As part of our expansion plan, we are inviting applications from suitably qualified, experienced, ambitious, self-motivated individuals to apply for the position of Debt Collections Manager.
This role of Debt Collections Manager reports to the Chief Operations Officer PremierCredit Zambia.
The main objective of this role is to ensure that debt which is owed to a company is paid as quickly as possible. Also determine the reasons for the late payments and make recommendations on how this can be improved, as well as the provision of recommendations on loan recovery activities, while maintaining a good customer service with our clients.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversees a company’s process of retrieving money owed to them or one of their clients.
- Prompt follow up with assigned court bailiffs, auctioneers, and other debt recovery agents and advise management on all allocated loans.
- Must be conversant with debt collections tools and data management.
- Handles complaints or difficult calls.
- Makes sure employees comply with company policies when contacting individuals and other companies when collecting past due balances that are outstanding.
- Keeps up with changes in state and federal laws governing debt collections and ensures employees receive training on any changes in laws.
- Monitors call reports to make sure collectors are making enough phone contacts each day.
- Identifies areas of the collection process that need improvement and implements an enhanced process that will help collectors be more effective.
- Tracks the rate of success of the entire process and continues to make adjustments when necessary.
- Trains new employees and holds training reviews for established employees.
- Performs audits of accounts that are in the system.
- Establishes quality control standards and maintains and enforces them over time.
- Negotiates payments arrangements and follow ups to ensure the payments are made.
- Researches and locates missing information that is needed for the staff to perform their jobs at optimum levels.
- Authorizes financial settlements with people who owe large debts.
Required Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Must have exceptional interpersonal skills.
- Must have excellent computer skills.
- Must be able to manage employees ethically and fairly while still being firm and enforcing company rules.
- Excellent time management and multi-tasking skills.
- Must have strong negotiation and persuasion skills.
- Superior math skills.
- Must be able to effectively prioritize tasks.
- Must have excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must have strong problem solving and decision-making skills.
- Must have good critical thinking skills and exercise sound judgment.
Education and Work Experience
Degree in Banking and Finance, Business Administration, Economics, Accounting or any other related discipline;
At least 3 to 5 years of experience in banking operations, with exposure to credit or leading and debt collections functions.
Method of Application
Applications, consisting of your cover letter and CV only in a single document, should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org. Copies of certificates need NOT be attached.
Closing date for accepting applications is Friday 26th of May,2023
* Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.