Simba International School
Simba International School
Deputy Head Primary Vacancy
Simba International School is a co-educational School with over 40 years of educating children from Early Years through to Sixth Form, with both day and boarding students and a student population of over 400.
We are among the first group of the international schools to be established in Zambia. We are a high performing school that runs the Cambridge Primary Programme with students taking the Checkpoint progression tests as an exit examination. Simba School seeks to recruit a Deputy Head for its primary section.
- To support the Head in promoting the school’s aims and vision.
- To manage the day to day operations of the Primary section of the School and manage staff to achieve academic goals of the primary section.
- To implement and deliver quality education which reflects an appropriately broad, balanced, relevant and differentiated curriculum for students.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
Leadership and Management
- To deputise the Head in his absence
- To attend senior leadership meetings and carry out agreed action points
- To make contributions to the annual strategic development plan
- To liaise closely with the Primary level staff, holding regular ‘minuted’ meetings
- To ensure tasks are delegated to appropriate staff and carried out effectively
- To carry out regular quality assurance and report findings to the Head
- To ensure Primary School staff know and understand whole school policies
- To work with the Deputy Head (Secondary) to oversee the pupils’ transfer between the Primary and Secondary levels, ensuring educational progression and continuity
- To carry out appraisal of Primary level Staff in accordance with school policy
- To sit on the PTA committee to give guidance and liaise between the school and parents in conjunction with the Head.
Teaching and Learning
- To ensure provision of an excellent education to all pupils in the Primary section
- To monitor standards of teaching and learning and report findings to the Head
- To promote best professional practice and a culture of self-review and development
- To ensure policies on teaching and learning (including assessment, recording and reporting) are put into practice.
- To regularly review the Primary level curriculum and make recommendations to the Head for its development, ensuring breadth and balance.
- To ensure pupils with special educational needs are identified and appropriately supported
- To ensure gifted and talented pupils are identified and provided with appropriate support.
- To ensure the Primary section of the School has a happy and secure environment in which each pupil is able to develop emotionally and academically and become a valued member of society.
- To monitor pastoral care throughout the Primary section and report findings to the Head
- To promote opportunities for the personal, moral, social, cultural and spiritual development of each pupil in the Primary section
- To ensure policies on pastoral issues (including child protection, bullying, rewards and sanctions) are understood and adhered to by staff.
- To be responsible for the extra-curricular programme in the Primary section, ensuring pupils have a variety of experiences.
- Understanding of Primary Cambridge Primary curriculum.
- Extensive experience of teaching and administering school operations at primary level.
- Have a full understanding of connections and progressions in subjects and use this in their teaching to ensure pupils make good progress.
- Be a dynamic, purpose driven person with a desire for educational excellence.
- Be willing to be part of a successful team at a school with a well-established academic record.
- Be able to set and attain consistently high expectations with leaners.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent. Master’s degree an added advantage.
- Demonstrate excellent administrative and curriculum management knowledge and experience.
- Minimum of 5 years management experience and vast teaching experience, preferably with Cambridge Primary curriculum.
- Registered with the Teaching Council of Zambia .
Method of Application
The school is an equal opportunity employer and suitably qualified, self-motivated and results oriented candidates are encouraged to apply. Electronic applications accompanied by detailed Curriculum Vitae and supporting documents should be forwarded to the following addresses on or before 30th September 2023.
Attention: The Headmaster
SIMBA INTERNATIONAL SCHOOL
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com