Health Professions Council Of Zambia
(a) To manage the licensing of health facilities, accreditation of health services and approval of health training programmes in order to ensure compliance to set standards.
(b) manage the Training, examinations, registration and issuance of Practicing Certificates to health practitioners in order to ensure that registered health practitioners meet statutory requirements.
· Manages effectively the provision of technical support and capacity building to the regional offices and stakeholders in order to promote adherence to set standards
- Manages effectively the registration of health practitioners in order to ensure they meet professional requirements
- Manages effectively the administration of Licensure examinations
- Manages effectively the processing of application for licencing of health facilities and accreditation of health services in order to ensure compliance to set standards
- Coordinates effectively the issuance of annual practicing certificates to health practitioners in order to ensure compliance with statutory requirements
- Manages effectively the processing of approval for health training programmes and curricula in order to ensure compliance to set standards.
- Manages effectively the development, review and issuance of guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures in order to facilitate the delivery of quality health care, training services and promote professionalism of health practitioners
- Coordinates effectively compliance monitoring activities in order to ensure adherence to set standards
- Manages effectively screening and indexing of students pursuing health training programmes in order to ensure their eligibility and track their progress for quality control
- Manages regularly surveillance of health practitioners, facilities and training programmes in order to adherence to legal provisions
- Manages effectively the provision of technical support and capacity building to the regional offices and stakeholders in order to promote adherence to set standards
- Manages effectively the monitoring of the practice and conduct of students in order to promote ethical conduct
- Manages effectively the maintenance of up-to-date records on Health practitioners, accreditation, licensing, training and Licensure examinations in order to facilitate the storage and retrieval of information
- Manages effectively the monitoring and evaluation of licensing, accreditation and approval of training programmes in the regions in order to facilitate implementation of appropriate interventions.
- Manages effectively the development and review of risk profiles and implementation of risk action plans in order to mitigate, eliminate and avoid risks
- Manages effectively the implementation of the performance management systems in order to facilitate attainment of departmental objectives.
- Manages effectively human, financial and other logistical resources in the department in order to ensure the attainment of the departmental objectives
Knowledge and skills requirements:
(a) Primary/Secondary Education:
Full Form V/grade twelve (12) certificate
(b) Minimum Vocational/Professional Qualifications:
- Master’s Degree in Health Related Sciences
- Bachelor’s Degree in Health Related Sciences
- Valid HPCZ practicing license (Specialist certificate an added advantage)
(c) Minimum Relevant Pre-Job Experience:
10 years’ work experience of which five (05) years should be at management level
(d) Communication Skills:
(i) Written Skills
Able to write technical and analytical reports
(ii) Oral Skills:
Able to communicate effectively in English
(iii) Other skills/Attributes:
Knowledge of Curriculum development
To apply for this job please visit hpcz.org.zm.