Ministry of Tourism
The Ministry of Tourism has set a transformational agenda for the tourism Sector with the aim of facilitating increased sector contribution to the country’s gross domestic product and job creation.
In view of this, the Civil Service Commission invites applications from individuals who are dynamic, self-driven, change managers, transformational, result- oriented and business minded with a proven track record to fill the underlisted vacant positions at the Ministry of Tourism:-
JOB TITLE: DIRECTOR (1) VACANCY
SALARY SCALE: M
INSTITUTION: MINISTRY OF TOURISM
DEPARTMENT: NATIONAL PARKS AND WILDLIFE
To strategically oversee enforcement of wildlife laws, infrastructure development in Protected Areas in order to conserve and manage wildlife resources and sustainably grow the wildlife economy.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The successful candidate will be reporting to the Permanent Secretary and shall be responsible for:
1. Coordinating effectively the implementation of anti-poaching strategies in order to protect wildlife resources.
2. Coordinating effectively infrastructure development in protected areas in order to enhance wildlife management and tourism development.
3. Coordinating effectively community participation in natural resource management in order to enhance management of wildlife.
4. Coordinating effectively surveys on wild animal populations in order to establish the status of wildlife for effective management.
5. Coordinating effectively development of off-take quotas in order to ensure sustainable harvesting of wild animals.
6. Coordinating effectively the implementation of regional and international conventions and agreements in order to promote international collaboration and cooperation in areas of wildlife conservation.
7. Coordinating effectively the development of deliberate strategies and operational management framework for all National Parks and Game Management Areas and Bird/Wildlife sanctuaries.
8. Coordinating effectively identification of appropriate collaborating Partners for all strategic Protected Areas in order to ensure sustainable management of the Areas.
9. Coordinating timely preparation and vetting of contracts, agreements, memorandum of understating and other legal documents in order to adhere to relevant statutes and regulations.
10. Coordinates the granting and effectively monitoring of Tourism and Hunting Concession Agreements in order to generate revenue and promote sustainable wildlife off take.
11. Coordinating effectively issuance of licenses and permits to eligible applicants in order to ensure sustainable wildlife utilization.
12. Coordinating effectively the implementation of Government Policies on conservation management and value addition in Protected Areas in order to attain the National Development Objectives.
13. Coordinating timely development of work plans and implementation of APAS in order to monitor and evaluate performance.
14. Coordinating effectively human and other resources in order to attain the objectives of the Department.
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS REQUIREMENTS
The applicants must meet the following requirements:
- Grade Twelve (12) School Certificate with a minimum of five (5) Credits including English Language and Mathematics or its equivalent;
- Bachelor of Science Degree in Natural Resources Management, Business Management, Economics, CIMA, ZICA, ACCA or equivalent;
- A Masters in relevant field is an added advantage;
- Basic Anti-Poaching Training and Law enforcement is an added advantage:
- Eight (8) years working experience at management level;
- Excellent Organizational, Interpersonal and Communication Skills;
- Good leadership, strategic thinking and project management skills;
- Strong negotiations and resource mobilization skills;
- Minimum age thirty-five (35) years.
(a) All applications must be lodged directly to the Civil Service Commission to the following address:-
The Commission Secretary
Civil Service Commission New Secretariat
P.O. Box 50138
(b) Applications must be submitted together with detailed Curriculum Vitae, certified photocopies of National Registration Card, Academic and Professional Qualifications to the address given above;
(c) The closing date for receiving applications will be Monday, 4th September, 2023 at 17:00 hours; and
(d) Note that only successful candidates shall be contacted.
Alex Ndhlovu (Mr.)
CIVIL SERVICE COMMISSION