The Council of the Zambia Institute of Advanced Legal Education (ZIALE) is looking for a suitably qualified, experienced and result oriented person to fill in the position of Director.
Reporting to the Attorney General & Chairperson of ZIALE Council, the Director will be responsible for overseeing the provision of practical legal training and accreditation of legal training institutions in order to ensure admission of qualified legal practitioners to the Bar and promote competence in the legal profession.
DUTIES AND REPSONSIBILITIES
- Oversees effectively, the formulation, implementation and review of Institutional Policies and strategic plans in order to guide operations and ensure attainment of Institute’s mandate;
- Oversees periodically the setting of entry qualifications and requirements for enrolment on the LPQE course and other training programmes in order to ensure admission of appropriate candidates;
- Oversees effectively the development, review and delivery of LPQE, legislative drafting and other specialized legal training programmes in order to ensure admission of qualified legal practitioners to the Bar and promote competence in the legal and other professions;
- Oversees effectively the development and implementation of relevant Continuous Professional Development programmes in order to enhance capabilities of legal and non-legal professionals and generate income;
- Oversees periodically the examination process for the LPQE, legislative drafting and other practical training courses in order to determine students’ competence and eligibility for certification;
- Oversees effectively the issuance of certificates in order to confirm conferment of the achieved qualification;
- Oversees effectively the accreditation of legal education institutions in order to ensure compliance to set standards;
- Oversees effectively business development initiatives in order to identify new opportunities and expand income base;
- Oversees effectively the provision of secretariat services to the Council in order to facilitate conduct of business;
- Manages effectively the implementation of the performance management systems in order to facilitate attainment of institutional objectives;
- Oversees effectively, the mobilization and utilization of human, financial and other resources in order to facilitate the achievement of institutional objectives.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Full Grade 12/Form V School Certificate or equivalent
- Master of Laws Degree
- Advocate of the High Court
- Minimum 15 years at the Bar of which 5 years should be senior Management level
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- Computer literate
- Interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills
- Managerial skills
Method of Application
Interested candidates meeting the above profile should submit application letters enclosing the Curriculum Vitae and copies of the academic and professional certificates and National Registration Card to the following address not later than 23rd May, 2023.
The Attorney General & Chairperson of ZIALE Council
Zambia Institute of Advanced Legal Education
Plot No. 36983, Andrew Mwenya Road
P O Box 30690
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.