Impact Network works with the Ministry of Education in its efforts to achieve universal primary education. Founded in 2009, Impact Network is a Zambia-based non-profit organization that is working to improve the quality of education in Zambian community schools. Impact Network works in Katete, Sinda, Lusangazi and Petauke Districts in Eastern Province. Impact Network is an equal opportunity employer. For more information see: www.impactnetwork.org.
The role involves operating the organization’s vehicle for official purposes, aiming to support the seamless execution of programs and the movement of staff, materials, and equipment.
Responsibilities and expectations:
- Drive the organisation vehicle as directed, carrying passengers, supplies and other assets
- Oversee and physically contribute to the loading, unloading and tracking the contents of the vehicle
- Record all movements and fuel in a mobile application
- Reports vehicle faults promptly to expedite their resolution
- Report any case of accidents and injury to the supervisor
- Keep the vehicle clean inside and out
- Ensure the vehicle is in safe working order by carrying out routine inspections
- Ensuring servicing is done regularly, and that tyres have adequate tread
- Adhere to all organizational policies and local laws
- Assist in facilitating vehicle safety training for staff, both theory and practical, at least three times per year
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the supervisor from time to time
- Candidates should have a minimum of Grade 12 certificate
- Class B driver’s license with no restrictions
- Demonstrable ability to drive a manual vehicle and use 4×4
- A minimum of two (2) years’ experience working as a company driver, preferably in a Non- Governmental Organisation
- Excellent knowledge of traffic rules and road laws of Zambia
- Punctuality, reliability and the ability to adapt to changing priorities and deadlines
- Must have integrity and full commitment to the organisation’s policies and procedures
- Excellent communicator, both written and verbal in English and Chinyanja
- Capable of using a smartphone, Google calendar and WhatsApp
- Strong inter-personal skills
- Mechanical knowledge a plus
- Class A drivers license a plus
Note: Do not apply if you do not meet the above requirements
This position is based in Katete, Eastern Province with frequent travel to sites in Sinda, Petauke & Lusangazi.
Method of Application
Complete the application form with this link here.