Zambeef Products Plc
Zambeef Products PLC is the largest integrated cold-chain food products and agribusiness company in Zambia and one of the largest in Southern Africa. It is involved in the primary production, processing, distribution, and retailing of beef, chicken, pork, eggs, dairy, fish, flour, stock feed, and day-old chicks throughout Zambia and the surrounding region.
Zambeef Products PLC is an equal-opportunity employer. We are looking to recruit an enthusiastic candidate for the role outlined below. Women are therefore encouraged to apply.
EHS MANAGER – MPONGWE FARMS X1 (RE-ADVERTISED)
The Required Skills for this Role Include:
- Designing, developing, and implementing measures to promote health and safety in the work environment and making sure that the company’s business operations meet statutory requirements and Good International Industry Practice (GIIP).
- Maintaining minimum standards of health and safety at the premises in order to ensure that minimum standards of safety as identified by the employer and regulators are complied with.
- To liaise with statutory Inspectors and other enforcement officials as required.
- Preparing Health and Safety related permit applications in time.
- Managing policy and procedures relating to Health and safety in the work environment.
- Participating in the ongoing development requirements of the company’s Health and Safety management program and compliance, including risk assessments and carrying out internal audits
- Ensuring that all registers records and documentation relating to the role are properly maintained.
- Coordinating and assisting with technical training and overall competency to management and employees with regard to the operational aspects of the Health and Safety program, operational methods and personnel practices, and maintenance for Health and Safety statutory compliance.
The Required Qualifications are:
- Degree in Occupational Health and Safety, Environmental Chemistry, Environmental Health, Environmental Science, Environmental Engineering, or equivalent
- At least 5 years of hands-on occupational health and safety experience
The Required Attributes Include:
- High level of business acumen, evidenced by street smartness.
Working knowledge of environmental trends.
- Good judgment and good decision-making ability
- Committed team player with the ability to interact with all levels of employees in the organization
- Developed written and oral communication skills
- Ability to work in pressured and deadline-driven operating environment
- Detail-orientated with the technical aptitude and ability to perform tasks accurately and comprehensively
- Expert in multi-tasking, time management, and planning work
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the criteria above are encouraged to submit their application letters, with detailed Curriculum Vitae, copies of certificates, and contact details of three (3) referees to:
THE HR OPERATIONS MANAGER
Zambeef Products PLC
P/B 17, Woodlands
NB. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Zambeef Products PLC values gender diversity in the recruitment process as we promote gender equality.
The closing date for receipt of applications is 27th October, 2023.