Pact is an international nonprofit that works in nearly 40 countries building solutions for human development that are evidence-based, data-driven, and owned by the communities we serve. Our vision is thriving, resilient and engaged communities leading their own development. Founded in 1971, Pact works with partners to build resilience, improve accountability, and strengthen knowledge and skills for sustainable social impact. To learn more about Pact Zambia, visit: www.pactworld.org/country/zambia
We are a recognized global leader in creating social impact. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including capacity development, public health, governance, civil society, climate change adaptation and mitigation, energy, women’s economic empowerment, fragile states, artisanal and small-scale mining communities, monitoring and evaluation, microfinance, and more.
Project and Position Summary
Pact seeks a highly qualified Executive Assistant to work on the recently awarded, five-year USAID/Zambia Integrated Health Activity contract. USAID Zambia Integrated Health is a five-year project that will be led by Pact in partnership with Center for Infectious Disease Research in Zambia, Circles of Hope, Mothers2Mothers, Coper Rose Zambia, Zambia Network of Young People Living with HIV, and a US small business, Viamo. Integrated Health will improve health outcomes of Zambians through equitable access to high-quality health services in the areas of client-centered HIV, Tuberculosis; Maternal; Newborn and Child Health, Family Planning and Reproductive Health. The project will reduce mortality, morbidity, and HIV transmission for sub-populations in Northwestern, Copperbelt, and Central Provinces. Pact will work closely with the Zambian Ministry of Health to attain the country’s goal of reaching HIV epidemic control (95-95-95) by 2030.
The Executive Assistant is directly responsible to and supervised by the Chief of Party. The Executive Assistant will provide day to day support to the Chief of Party office as well as provide administrative support to Senior Leadership on the project.
- Complete various administrative tasks that facilitate the Chief of Party’s ability to lead the organization, including:
- Effectively serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external stakeholders on all matters pertaining to the Chief of Party, including those of a highly confidential or critical nature.
- Prioritize and determine the appropriate course of action, referral, or response, exercising judgment to reflect Chief of Party’s style and organization policy.
- Provide consolidated calendar management for the Chief of Party through daily review and prioritizing of inquiries and requests and make judgments for the smooth running of the office.
- Ensure adequate flow of information and effective communication on all activities/ events relevant to the COP’s office.
- Create and maintain appointments, workshops, and other relevant tasks for the COP. Screen, respond to, or re-route correspondences and inquiries, including email and social media.
- Compose and prepare general correspondence; maintain contact lists; make travel arrangements; and complete expense reports per Pact policy.
- Work closely with the Chief of Party to inform him of upcoming commitments and responsibilities and follow up appropriately.
- Collect and prepare information for meetings with internal and external stakeholders; anticipate COP’s needs in advance of the scheduled meetings and conferences, etc.; review speeches, presentations, and talking points, etc. for the Chief of Party to ensure the content is relevant to the event/meeting, content is concise, and it is well formatted.
- Replenish office supplies such as snacks, printer supplies, paper, office supplies, water, etc.
- Ensure all recurring and important Senior Leadership Team meetings are calendared six months before or as much in advance as possible. Take notes/action points/decision notes for SLT meetings and other relevant meetings as requested by the COP and follow up (by her/himself or through the COP).
- Manage travel, logistics calendar, and expenses (including retirement expenses) for COP’s trips, meetings, boardroom, and workshop bookings (in partnership with Procurement and Finance, as needed).
- Ensure that COP’s office requisitions are processed and prepared following procedures and standards.
Education and Experience
- Diploma in Business Administration or any business / social science-related qualification. Degree in a relevant field is an added advantage.
- Minimum 5 years’ Experience working as Executive Assistant – work in a development-related NGO is an added advantage.
- Effective administration and people management skills.
- Full understanding of administration functions and best practices.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Works well under pressure and meets tight deadlines.
- Highly computer literate with capability in email, MS Office (Word and Excel in particular), and related business and communication tools.
- Outstanding organizational and time management skills.
- Strong decision-making and problem-solving skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Demonstrated ability to manage time and perform to strict deadlines.
- Good interpersonal skills.
Method of Application
If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, please submit your application letter and a Curriculum Vitae online via email describing why you are the right candidate for this position detailing your experience and three (3) professional referees from your previous and current place of employment. Please send the application through Email: email@example.com and indicate the position title you are applying for in the subject line. Only the applications sent by email will be reviewed.
The deadline for receiving applications is Sunday – 4th February 2024.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org