ActionAid Zambia (AAZ) is part of the ActionAid Global (AAG) Federation; sharing common values and aims to drive social change towards a just, equitable and sustainable world. AAZ works with marginalized and excluded women and young people, their organizations, and movements to address the structural causes of social injustice, gender inequality and poverty. AAZ Head Office is located at 38G Kabulonga Road, Ibex Hill, Lusaka.
ActionAid Zambia is inviting interested licensed individual or law firms to submit written proposals to provide Legal Services on a retainer basis to the organisation. The (‘Retainer”) will be expected to provide services including but not limited to the following:
- To provide comprehensive legal advice and services to the organisation
- To review and revise as appropriate the structure and contents of the organisation’s contracts
2. Scope of work
- Providing timely and appropriate legal advice and services in accordance with laws, regulations, and authority
- Represent the organisation in all court/legal proceedings
- Identifying and advising on all potential liability issues that may arise in/and during the initiatives of the organisation
- To draft, review, and advise on regulations, agreements, contracts, service contracts, and other documents as required by the organisation
- Monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking timely and appropriate action and advising the organisation on relevant changes
- Allocating a focal member or a team from the Retainer firm to collaborate with the organisation-designated person(s) for all matters in relation to the organisation.
2. Criteria of selection
To be considered, a law firm or lawyer is required to submit the following.
1. Firms profile including CV of lawyers or application and CV for individual lawyers.
2. At least two references from other clients.
3. Descriptions of experience in similar assignment undertaken.
Method of Application
Eligible lawyers or legal firms should submit electronic proposals to firstname.lastname@example.org not later than 04 September 2023 at 17h00.
The reason of the proposal should be “Expression of Interest to provide legal Services” at the
Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.