Development Aid from People to People (DAPP)
Families Matter Facilitators
Development Aid from People to People (DAPP) seeks Families Matter Program Facilitators to spearhead HIV Prevention training programs for parents and adolescents aged 10 to 14 years of age under the Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) Project, Eastern Province, which is funded by the Centers of Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) and PEPFAR.
The overall goal of the project is to achieve HIV Epidemic Control through the UNAIDS 95-95-95 strategy. HIV prevention activities will include the Family Matters Program, No Means No Program and Couching Boys into Men.
Location: Katete and Petauke Districts of Eastern Province
Job Title: Families Matter Program Facilitator x 6 positions
Duration: Six Months
Reporting to: HIV Prevention Training Officer.
Duties and Essential Job Functions but are not limited to: –
- Collect demographic data and screen suitable parents for enrolment into the Parenting program
- Facilitate waves of 7 sessions using the evidence based parenting program manual
- Achieve agreed upon quarterly and annual targets
- Work closely with health facilities, Project leaders and other partners to establish some effective referral systems
- Manage discussions on sensitive topics in an inclusive and non-judgemental manner.
- Respond to questions and record feedbacks
- Use various tools (flip charts, and visual aids equipment) to effectively deliver high quality sessions
- Conduct role plays and encourage active participations for all participants
- Complete and review documentation on routine basis
- Submit verified data for entering in data base. Data should meet project standards at all times.
- Write and submit quality reports
- Effectively and efficiently, deliver the Family Matters Program (FMP) to the parents and children enrolled in the program.
- Develop, mentor, and coach the participants
- Prepare reports
- Facilitate and organise review meetings
- Establish networks and strategic partnership to enable sustainable implementation.
- Train and continue mentoring the participants.
Qualifications and Experience
- Diploma or Bachelor degree in Social Work or Development Studies
- At least 2 years of experience as FMP facilitator
- Fully certified as FMP facilitator
- Demonstrated strong facilitation, communication and interpersonal skills;
- Demonstrated experience working with Government of Zambia authorities as well as other partners and stakeholders;
- Able to speak and write local languages (Chewa and Nsenga)
Method of Application
Applications must be sent with the following information:
- Application letter with detailed CV and minimum three professional referees including supervisor(s) must be received by 30th of November, 2023.
- The cover letter and CV must be attached as one file.
- Attach copy of FMP certificate
- Please apply to these emails: email@example.com with copies to firstname.lastname@example.org, email@example.com, and firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Only short listed candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com