John Snow Health Zambia Limited ZAM-Health Project
John Snow Health Zambia Limited
Position: Family Planning/Maternal, Neonatal and Child Health (FP/MNCH) Specialist (1)
Position Type: Full Time
Location: Lusaka – Lusaka Province
Reports to: Regional Manager
The USAID Zambia Accessible Markets for Health (ZAM-Health) Activity is a five-year project to expand the availability and accessibility of high-quality health products and services in the private sector, improve health knowledge, and increase the adoption of healthy and health-seeking behaviors. The program employs private sector approaches such as marketing, social franchising, and partnerships with for-profit entities to achieve these outcomes. USAID ZAM-Health is implemented by John Snow Health Zambia (JSH) in partnership with JSI Research & Training Institute, Inc. (JSI), Media 365, Pharm Access and Mopani Mine.
Purpose of the job:
ZAM-Health is seeking an experienced Family Planning and Maternal, Newborn, and Child Health (MNCH) specialist. The FP/MNCH specialist will lead and provide technical support and guidance to USAID ZAM-Health programs and staff on FP/MNCH services at provincial level. He/she will work closely with the private sector facilities at provincial and district levels and will provide strategic direction, technical leadership and supervision for strategic vision and work planning, coordination and monitoring of program activities to strengthen provision of FP/MNCH services and ensure USAID ZAM-Health achieves the FP/MNCH objectives in the province. The FP/MNCH specialist will work closely with the MoH at provincial and district level, health providers at regional and facility level to ensure provision of quality family planning and maternal, newborn, and child health services in the private health facilities and pharmacies. The FP/MNCH specialist will report to the provincial/regional manager and will closely work with the FP and MNCH Advisor.
Program Management & Development
- Provide strategic direction, leadership and overall technical support to FP/MNCH services on the ZAM-Health project and project supported facilities in the private sector.
- Ensure that the project supported facilities are utilizing current standard protocols, policies and guidelines as recommended by the Ministry of Health (MoH).
- Work collaboratively to integrate FP/MNCH services with other program sectors.
- Work in partnership with other project staff and program areas to support aspects of strategic direction and leadership of the FP/MNCH aspect of the project.
- Represent the ZAM-Health project at various relevant technical meetings and TWGs at provincial and district levels.
- Ensure that the project implementation on FP/MNCH services is in alignment with donor and MoH requirements and best practices;
- Work closely with the ZAM-Health M&E team on data management for FP/MCH on the project.
- Participate in project work planning, budgeting, and reporting.
- Provide oversight in capacity building to project supported facilities – planning for trainings, supportive supervision, and mentorship.
- Ensure capacity building activities, alongside with MOH trainers and mentors to increase knowledge, attitude and positive attitude of healthcare providers and community health workers towards Family Planning, Maternal, and Child health.
- Work together with the MoH to routinely monitor and strengthen the quality of service provision by health staff and community health workers.
- Any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
Job Qualifications and Requirements:
- Degree in Nursing, Clinical Medicine; preferably with a Master’s Degree in Public Health (MPH).
- At least 5 years of professional experience in provision of technical direction and support on a donor funded project.
- Demonstrated strengths in project management, capacity building, and overall experience in FP/MNCH.
- Experience working in partnership and coordination with the MoH and other stakeholders on FP/MNCH.
- Experience in coordinating, implementing, and managing reproductive, maternal, and child health.
- Experience working with the private sector.
- Excellent analytical and written skills.
- Excellent working knowledge of computer software – Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
- Good strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to work well both within a team and independently
Method of Application
Kindly follow the link below and answer all the questions.
Please note that you do not need to apply if you do not meet the minimum requirements. Only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Closing Date: November 22, 2023.
John Snow Health Zambia, Limited is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer committed to workplace diversity. We are committed to providing equal employment opportunities for all qualified applicants and employees without regard to age, race, color, national origin, ancestry, creed, religion, gender, disability, marital status, sexual orientation, sexual preference, genetic information, political affiliation, or military status (special disabled veterans or veteran status) in any employment decisions.
To apply for this job please visit docs.google.com.