Mondo Farms Limited
Mondo Farms Limited has established two commercial farming operations within Chongwe District with a main focus on crop production. We have also established a commercial tree plantation for the longer term horizon. The development of our farms use appropriate land use management and water conservation techniques in order to mitigate the effects of climate change and land degradation.
As an equal opportunity employer, Mondo Farms Limited requires the services of a suitably qualified, well-motivated, and result-driven candidate to be appointed in the position of Farm Manager at one of our Farms.
The Farm Manager provides general production oversight and performs the overall day-to-day functions of planning, controlling, coordinating, and organizing the production-related activities which encompass close monitoring of all crops. In carrying out this function, the Farm Manager’s overall performance will be measured by his/ her ability to meet set budget objectives and production targets.
The primary responsibility will be to maximize the quality and yield of the various farm crops while minimizing the cost of inputs.
The job holder works in close liaison with the Managing Director to ensure the timely availability of labour, supplies, and other resources which require well-documented plans of action for the production periods. The job holder also ensures that remedial measures are taken to address product-related quality issues as well as excellent customer relations with regard to external business operation customers.
- Plans, monitors and schedules daily, weekly, monthly and annual farming activities to meet agreed targets.
- Supervises all farm employees and ensures that discipline is maintained at all times.
- Makes recommendations regarding employment in line with the seasonal demands of the farm.
- Liaise with the Managing Director to ensure the purchase of requisitions of production stock and monitors prudent use.
- Maintains various farm production records.
- Ensures all necessary biosecurity precautions are taken to prevent outbreaks of crop diseases and pests.
- Recommends and initiates new income-generating projects.
- Manages the process of carrying out minor repairs of farm equipment and machinery in consultation with the Managing Director.
- Manages the operations and servicing of farm machinery and tools as necessary.
- Ensures that the farm production premises and structures are kept in a neat and tidy condition.
- Carries out orientation and training of farm workers to ensure that they possess the necessary knowledge and skills.
- Ensures all farm workers adhere to the Health and Safety measures.
- Ensures there is the security of farm property (fixed assets & tools) and ensures security against fires, intruders, or theft.
- Provide timely feedback and regular reports to the Managing Director.
- Ensures land is cleared and prepared for timely planting of crops
- Ensures there is appropriate soil fertility management
- Facilitates and supervises the weeding and pruning of tree crops and also ensures soil irrigation.
- Performs other duties assigned from time to time.
KNOWLEDGE, EXPERIENCE & PERSONAL COMPETENCIES
- Full Grade 12 Certificate
- Minimum of Diploma in Agriculture
- Two (2) years of relevant farm work experience
- Possession of a valid driver’s license
- Computer literate
- Technical know-how in all areas of crop production
- A knowledge of food production and an awareness of customer demand, food standards, and sustainability
- Ability to monitor and manage water resources of the farm and advise when necessary.
- Knowledge of supervisory practices and principles
- Ability to manage a workforce consisting of individuals from different backgrounds and resolve problems and conflicts professionally
- Skill in the use of tools utilized in the repair of equipment and facilities
- Records maintenance skills
- Ability to effectively communicate complex information
- Ability to work under pressure
- Willingness to work beyond normal hours
- Willingness to be outside in all weathers and patience to undertake all sorts of practical, sometimes repetitive jobs
- Passionate, innovative, motivated and self-driven
Method of Application
If you believe you meet these terms, forward your Cover Letter, NRC, CV and copy of professional qualifications to email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit mondofarms.co.zm.