The Feed Distribution Team Leader will be responsible for overseeing feed distribution on the lake, safe offloading and keeping optimum feed stocks on cages and feed barges on daily basis.
- Oversees the loading and offloading of feed by the feed distributors.
- Ensuring that site barges are loaded with the required feed types and in the desired feed size stock ratios as required by the feeding sites.
- Responsible for ensuring that feed platforms on cages are always loaded with right amount of feed and observing their maximum loading capacity.
- Keeps an accurate record of all issued stock and updates the team daily on the appropriate communication platforms.
- Ensures FIFO (First in First Out) principle.
- Reports and tracks feed quality on receiving, storage and distribution.
- Ensures correct feed distribution to all site barges.
- Ensures Correct feed type is delivered to barges.
- Ensures timely mortality collection and daily delivered to the harbor.
- Ensures that the team adheres to biosecurity protocol and standards.
- Responsible for teams’ safety and wellbeing while on the Lake
- Reports all accidents and incidents to OHS and line manager.
- Takes part in company’s safe practices and be part of safety system.
- Ensures that Yalelo policies and procedures are always observed and adhered to by team members.
- Performs any other duties as assigned by the Line manager.
- Aquaculture knowledge is an added advantage.
- Knowledge about logistics and distribution.
- Computer skills in Excel, word and power point.
- Comfortable working on the lake.
- Leadership skills are fundamental.
- Strong mathematical skills.
- Ability to physically stand, bend, squat, and lift to 25kg.
- Ability to swim or willingness to learn.
- Hand-eye coordination, and endurance.
- Ability to concentrate on a task until completed.
- Ability to understand and communicate information.
- Team management skills.
- Time management skills.
- Record keeping and reporting skills.
- Ability to plan and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills.
- Ability to follow instructions and work independently.
- Comfortable spending long hours on water .
Minimum Qualification & Experience:
- Grade 12 Certificate.
- Degree in procurement and Logistics or its equivalent.
- Minimum of 1 year of prior experience in logistics and distribution.
- Knowledge about dry products storage is desired.
- Experience working on the lake is an added advantage.
- Aquaculture and fish feeds is an added advantage but not desired.
All applications to be addressed to:
The Human Resource Business Partner- Production,
Siavonga Production Site.
Note: Apply by attaching One Document which should have your cover letter, CV, Relevant Degree or Equivalent, Grade 12, NRC, Essential Certificates and any other qualifications.
Method of Application
Interested candidates should email their applications to email@example.com and CC:firstname.lastname@example.org before close of business on Monday 13th November 2023.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.