The position of the Superintendent in the context of an aquaculture operation involves various responsibilities related to overseeing feeding activities and the overall growth & health of the fish. The role requires qualifications in Aquaculture and fisheries, or related fields. The feeding Superintendent is also responsible for overseeing a large feeding team team of 80+ employees. The core duties for this role include;
- Oversight on Feeding Actives: The Superintendent is responsible for overseeing feeding activities, including monitoring feeding start times, observing fish response to the feed, and ensuring the overall health of the fish.
- Sites Cleanliness: The Superintendent ensures that all aquaculture sites are clean by promptly removing mortalities and waste materials, maintaining a clean and healthy environment for the fish.
- Feeding Analysis: Conducting feeding analysis of cages involves assessing feeding patterns, feed conversion rates, and other feeding-related metrics to optimize the feed management process.
- Supervision of Nursery and Grow Out Supervisors: The Superintendent supervises and provides guidance to the nursery and grow-out supervisors, ensuring efficient operations and adherence to best practices.
- Timely Feed Type Change and Net Exchange: The Superintendent ensures that feed type changes and net exchanges are carried out on time to support the health and growth of the fish.
- Flagging Problem Cages: Identifying problem cages promptly and implementing preventive measures helps maintain the overall health of the fish population.
- Safety Measures: Ensuring the safety of the team members is a critical responsibility, which involves promoting the use of appropriate personal protective equipment (PPE), providing diving gear (if applicable), and enforcing compliance with health and safety guidelines.
- Assisting in Hiring and Training: The Superintendent may be involved in the hiring process and training of new team members to ensure a skilled and efficient workforce.
- In-Depth Reports: The Superintendent prepares detailed reports on closed units, which may include performance metrics, fish health assessments, and other relevant data.
- FCR Management: The Superintendent works to maintain the Feed Conversion Ratio (FCR) below budget, optimizing feed usage and minimizing waste.
- To be eligible for the role of Superintendent, candidates should have the following qualifications: Degree in Aquaculture and Fisheries or Relevant Fields: A formal education in aquaculture and fisheries or a related discipline is essential to understand the complexities of fish farming and the principles of fish health management.
- Minimum work experience of 3 years hands on experience in aquaculture cage farming
- Minimum two years experience managing large teams.
- Experience with Aqua Manager, Excel data analysis
Method of Application
Email Address: email@example.com and cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
Note: Apply by attaching One Document which should have your cover letter, CV, Relevant Degree or Equivalent, Grade 12, NRC, Essential Certificates and any other qualifications.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com