TOR Finance & Admin Officer- Copperbelt Project
WeForest is a fast-growing international non-profit organisaton headquartered in Belgium and with current projects in Brazil, Ethiopia, Tanzania, Malawi, Senegal and Zambia. The mission of the organisation is to advance innovative, scalable and lasting solutions to restore forest and landscapes for climate, people and planet. We promote scientific evidence for the ways in which forests contribute to climate change mitigation, beyond their impacts as stocks of carbon, by increasing water availability, enhancing local biodiversity conservation and rural livelihood and resilience.
The Finance and Administration Officer will work in a dynamic team on our objective towards increasing forest cover on small farm holdings through Agroforestry & Sustainable Agriculture, and Sustainable Forest Management of Miombo woodlands on farms as a scalable solution for climate mitigation and adaptation, livelihood improvement and gender equitable development. The Finance and Administration Officer will work under the direct supervision of the Project Manager. The officer will be responsible for all financial and administrative matters related to the Copperbelt Project.
1. Responsible for the financials of the Copperbelt Project of WeForest Zambia and ensure accurate and timely delivery of financial reports, including cash book management, payroll, ledgers and other aspects of local financial management.
2. Responsible for entering financial information, timely month end close, and maintaining all financial records for the Copperbelt Project.
3. Prepare, examine, or analyse accounting records, financial statements, or other financial reports to assess accuracy, completeness, and conformance to reporting and procedural standards.
4. Ensure the financial transactions are authorized, recorded, filed with adequate supporting documentation, and maintained.
5. Manage financial controls, analyse office and project budgets, financial forecasts and reports
6. Monitor budgets and expenditures and contribute to budget planning and revision.
7. Assisting the COP Project Manager with retirement of imprest (staff advances) on monthly/quarterly basis.
8. Prepare COP Project Funding Requests and payment processing.
9. Support the Project Manager, in coordinating and facilitating all finance and administration tasks.
10. Prepare financial reports and communicate to the Finance & Administration Manager as requested.
11. Responsible for procurement of project goods and services approved by the office.
12. Maintain and file records of expenditure, process invoices and claims for payments and track payments relating to office costs and programme activities
13. Administer financial accounts and manage petty cash
14. Capture/Register expenditures in all relevant financial systems
15. Prepare and submit statutory financial declarations
- Responsible for the administration of insurances, contracting and administrating services in accordance with the institution’s standards and policies.
- Responsible for maintaining files containing job contracts and other important documents of all staff in soft and hard copy.
- Responsible for maintaining files containing important documents related to the project in soft and hard copy.
- Assist the Project Manager with planning and implementing project activities.
- Manage the day to day running of the Project Office ensuring that office requisites and equipment are in place for all staff to perform their duties.
- Manage fixed assets of the project and periodically review and prepare inventories of the assets.
- Assist the field staff with logistic arrangements for training and field work.
- Organize field and meeting schedules with partner institutions.
- Assist with other communication and reporting activities of the project.
- Support where possible, the field team in facilitating their work such as, but not limited to, data entry, data analysis, transportation of staff to field sites whenever the project driver is indisposed and assist in field activities whenever necessary.
- Assist with staff recruitment and onboarding processes
- Support where applicable, local partners of WeForest Zambia through training and extensionist services in Finance and Administration such as, but not limited to, Farmer Associations.
- Any other duties assigned by the Project Manager.
- Degree in Accounting/ZICA Licentiate, ACCA II or equivalent
- A Degree in Business Administration will be an added advantage
Work experience and skills:
- Minimum 5 years’ relevant work experience in accounting and administration, with demonstrated experience in financially and administratively leading projects with large and multi-component budgets
- Software – MS Office and Accounting Packages such as SAGE Evolution, Odoo
- Excellent communication and numerical skills
- Knowledge of Zambia Tax Regulations
- Possess skills to Create Annual Financial Reports
- Ability to Plan own work, set priorities and complete under pressure with minimal supervision
- Previous interaction with community based organisations and experience with training and local capacity building will be considered a plus
- Exposure to and experience with the NGO sector and ability to work efficiently is considered a plus
- Clean and excellent track record and references
- Paid up member of ZICA
Terms & Conditions
Position: Full-time employee, 5 or 6 days per week.
Base: Mpongwe, Zambia
Start date: As soon as possible, preferably by 08/01/2024
Package: Competitive package for a small organisation, level 3a salary package
Method of Application
Please send applications to firstname.lastname@example.org with your CV, a motivation letter, and min.3 recent references by 24/11/2023. References must include at least one former employer and one enterprise that you have supported.
Make sure to mention the job title in the subject of the email, and to indicate where you saw the job post. In your motivation letter, we’d love to read about what makes you interested to work with WeForest Zambia and why you think you are best suited, referring to examples of enterprises that you have successfully supported in the past. Due to the anticipated high number of applicants, only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. We thank you in advance for your interest.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com