Pact is an international nonprofit that works in nearly 40 countries building solutions for human development that are evidence-based, data-driven, and owned by the communities we serve. Our vision is thriving, resilient and engaged communities leading their own development. Founded in 1971, Pact works with partners to build resilience, improve accountability, and strengthen knowledge and skills for sustainable social impact. To learn more about Pact Zambia, visit: www.pactworld.org/country/zambia
We are a recognized global leader in creating social impact. Our staff have a range of expertise in areas including capacity development, public health, governance, civil society, climate change adaptation and mitigation, energy, women’s economic empowerment, fragile states, artisanal and small-scale mining communities, monitoring and evaluation, microfinance, and more.
Pact Zambia seeks highly qualified, enthusiastic, creative, energetic, and accomplished Zambian nationals to fill the Finance Assistant positions for the USAID Zambia Integrated HIV and Health Activity (ZIH) Project.
Ensuring accountability through accurate review of all financial documents in line with USAID rules and regulations to ensure smooth implementation of the project’s activities.
Key Performance Areas
- Financial management and accounting assistance
- Providing support in the day-to-day financial functions of the provincial office
- Ensure accurate review of all financial documents including Activity Authorization requests (TAAR), Travel Advance (TA), Advance Liquidations.
- Work with the Finance Officer to follow up on outstanding advances.
- Review Invoices and workshops/trainings participants’ list to ensure accuracy of figures and validity of participants details including signatures and phone numbers.
- Ensure that the Liquidations, Receipts/Deposits/Invoices are correctly supported with relevant documentation before scanning and submitting them to the Lusaka office.
- Conduct regular petty cash counts.
- Perform functions of any of the Finance Officers in his/her absence.
- Any other duties as assigned by the Supervisor.
Education, Experience & Technical skills
- Diploma or Equivalent in Finance, Accounting, Business Administration or related field.
- Atleast 2 years relevant experience on finance, Accounting, Operations
- Knowledge of USAID and the other funders’ rules and regulations related to accounting and Finance.
- Sound Knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Practices (GAAP)
- Strong written and verbal English Communication
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (excel, word, PowerPoint etc.) and complex accounting software systems.
Method of Application
If you believe you are the ideal person we are looking for, please submit your application letter and a Curriculum Vitae online via email describing why you are the right candidate for this position detailing your experience and three (3) professional referees from your previous and current place of employment. Please send the application through Email: firstname.lastname@example.org and indicate the position title/Location you are applying for in the subject line. Only the applications sent by email will be reviewed.
The deadline for receiving applications is Saturday – 20th January 2024. These positions are for current residents of Kabwe, Solwezi & Ndola.
Pact is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.