Chemonics International, Inc
General Summary and Background
The USAID Zambia Program for Advancing Supply Chain Outcomes (PASCO) is a commodity distribution program that aims to create sustainable access to safe, effective, quality-assured, and affordable lifesaving health commodities by strengthening capacity for transportation and distribution systems in consultation with the Zambia Medicines and Medical Supplies Agency (ZAMMSA).
The project seeks to recruit for the position of:
Job Title : Finance Officer
Reporting to : Accountant Specialist
Principal Duties and Responsibilities
The Finance Officer will work with the PASCO Accountant Specialist to execute transactions on an accurate and timely basis using the ABACUS system and to ensure that incurred costs are allowable, allocable, and reasonable in accordance with the USAID cost principles. The Finance Officer will support the Accountant Specialist to perform the day-to-day financial management aspects of the project.
- Assists the Accountant Specialist in all aspects of the project accounting and financial management.
- Ensures that incurred costs are allowable, allocable, and reasonable in accordance with USAID cost principles and Chemonics policies and procedures.
- Supports the Accountant Specialist to review accounting and supporting documents and transactions to ensure accuracy, completeness, and compliance with Chemonics policies and procedures and USAID regulations.
- Provides advice on generally accepted accounting principles, USAID rules and regulations, and Chemonics regulations to staff and consultants, as necessary.
- Facilitates the provision of information and documentation during audits.
- Manages the office petty cash to ensure availability of funds meet costs of smaller items for immediate use.
- Supports the Accountant Specialist to review procurement transactions to ensure that all supporting documentation and approvals are accurate.
- Ensures the maintenance of proper accounting documentation on SharePoint.
- Supports the processing of payroll each month, prepares salary payroll forms and ensures that statutory returns are filed with relevant authority.
- Assists the Accountant Specialist in coding of all approved payment requests in Chemonics field office accounting ABACUS system.
- Initiates the Electronic Fund Transfers in Straight to bank and ensures that appropriate documentation and approvals are obtained.
- Interacts with bank and other officials on an as-needed basis to enhance corporate relationship.
- Manages project fuel accounts to ensure availability of automobile lubricants and fuel to support project activities.
- Works closely with Administration department in the management of stores inventories and office supplies to sustain project operations.
- Works with the operations team to elicit information and documentation during audits.
- Perform other duties as required or assigned.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and Competencies
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance, or a minimum of Zambia Institute of Chartered Accountants (ZICA II), Association of Certified Chartered Accountants (ACCA II), Chartered Institute of Management Accountants (CIMA II), or equivalent professional qualifications.
- Membership with ZICA required.
- A minimum of two (2) years of work experience in a similar position on a USAID-funded project is desirable.
- Knowledge of ABACUS Accounting system will be an added advantage.
- Excellent interpersonal and communications skills.
- Demonstrated leadership, versatility, and integrity.
- Fluency in English is required.
Method of Application
Send electronic submissions of your CV, cover letter and the highest necessary qualifications to: ZambiaPASCORecruit@chemonics.com with a subject line of “PASCO Finance Officer” by 5pm on Friday, February 9, 2024. No telephone inquiries, please. Finalists will be contacted.
Chemonics is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate in its selection and employment practices on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, national origin, political affiliation, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, disability, genetic information, age, membership in an employee organization, or other non-merit factors.
To apply for this job email your details to ZambiaPASCORecruit@chemonics.com