Urban Bliss Hotel
About Urban Bliss Hotel
Urban Bliss Hotel was established in 2019 to reward a good life by providing our guests with the most compelling and unique hospitality experience possible. Urban Bliss Hotel, a four-star hotel located in Kabwe, Zambia’s Central Province, is described by most guests as an oasis of tranquility.
Urban Bliss Hotel is now recruiting a Food & Beverage Manager. The position of Food & Beverage Manager will be responsible for the strategic initiatives of the Food & Beverage Service Department which includes oversight of our two restaurants, food service around the pool, banquets and the culinary team.
The Department’s focus is business expansion and growth. The function is supportive, proactive, analytical, and entrepreneurial fostering an empowered team and environment that is aimed at creating memorable moments for our guests. The F&B Manager is required to work closely with all key business partners internally and externally, in order to achieve quality results. The job incumbent acts as an ambassador for the Hotel brand, always reflecting the Hotel’s culture and values.
- Develop and implement Food & Beverage annual business plans and medium-term strategies, as well as establishing key performance objectives and plans to ensure the hotel meets its business targets and drives sustainable profitable growth.
- Maintain beverage department policies and procedures to control beverage and labor costs while maintaining quality product, presentation, and service.
- With the Chef, maintain food and beverage cost while maintaining quality product, presentation, and service.
- Actively participates in the strategic marketing initiatives to ensure exposure of the Food & Beverage part of the Hotel and creates active strategies to maintain a strong social media engagement.
- Cultivate a culture of exploring new strategies on how revenue streams can be developed.
- Produce monthly management reports on the operation of Food and Beverage Department.
- Prepare departmental budgets ensuring that costs and departmental inventory is controlled, and that target productivity and performance levels are attained.
- Review food sales for accuracy daily.
- Proactively react to new trends in marketplace by implementing food and beverage promotions.
- Lead the restaurant, bar and events team in expense and cost control with required services and standards while monitoring the performance of all the outlets in this process.
- Drive high level of guest satisfaction through the consistent execution of brand standards, visible operational leadership, active trend analysis and hands-on interaction with guests and associates.
- Cultivate a positive culture surrounding the guest feedback platform and formulate strategies to continually improve the guest experience.
- Manage service aspects in all food and beverage assigned areas and events.
- Ensure the highest standards of Food & Beverage service and presentation in all food and beverage outlets.
- Maintain close communication links with all employees. Provide a motivating influence and seek input regarding food and beverage issues from employees. Ensure a high level of positive communication exists between the Food & Beverage and Food Production staff.
- Perform any other duties as requested by the General Manager.
- Diploma in Hotel Management or its equivalent.
- Must have 3-5 years of experience in a similar /related position.
- In-depth understanding of hotel systems, procedures with strong administrative capabilities.
- Exceptional organizational, leadership, problem solving and communication skills.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Works well in stressful and high-pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace, including anticipating, preventing, identifying and solving problems as necessary
- Has the ability to train others to ensure 4 diamond service.
- Must be effective at listening to, understanding, clarifying and resolving the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data, and basic arithmetic functions.
Method of Application
Apply by emailing your CV and cover letter no later than 20th May 2023 to email@example.com
To apply for this job please visit urbanblisshotel.com.