Bring your possibility to life! Define your career with us
With over 100 years of rich history and strongly positioned as a local bank with regional and international expertise, a career with our family offers the opportunity to be part of this exciting growth journey, to reset our future and shape our destiny as a proudly African group.
My Career Development Portal: Wherever you are in your career, we are here for you. Design your future. Discover leading-edge guidance, tools and support to unlock your potential. You are Absa. You are possibility.
Manage application fraud risk by utilizing various fraud detection and fraud prevention methods and systems to reduce and minimize fraud losses.
- Monitor, observe, and action each application in the queue on daily basis.
- Analyse debit card transaction with the effective use of transaction fraud monitoring system to track risk transactions and action them proactively to prevent fraud losses.
- Perform necessary desktop investigations on suspicious applications & transactions.
- Update proper diary notes for future tracking of the activity on each case.
- Update the central black list data base utilizing articles in various newspapers, news bulletin, D&G outcomes etc.
- Operate fraud detection system & other fraud detection systems
- Conduct sampling on various products as per Fraud sampling policy.
- Conduct detailed investigations into suspicions applications transactions & proceed into action to eliminate any fraudulent activities that may occur
- Support in investigating incidents as required by Fraud Operations Manager with un-limitation to fraud, money laundering, compliance, integrity issues employees wrong doing…etc.
- Produce investigation detailed report(s) as required.
- Assist the Field Team with the information sought by them for further action on investigations
- Support in pre-employment screening process as required.
- Support the Fraud Management Team in the Fraud Awareness Campaigns
- Ensure timely submission of local and ARO returns.
- Inform the stake holders of the action to be taken post Sybrin (Retail loans and Credit cards) review and confirmations
- Prepare following MIS :
- Daily Action Taken MIS
- Monthly MIS
- Suggest triggers to modify existing rules during case analysis
- Application Action Summary MIS
- Generating triggers for detailed investigation based on the fraud alerts reviewed
- Ensure all processes are carried out within given turn around times as per the procedure manuals and Service level agreements.
- Update Manager if there is a need to perform external field investigation.
- Ensure Monthly Regulatory Reports/ Returns are accurately accomplished and delivered to regulatory institutions within the stipulated period.
- Ensure that all activities and duties are carried out in full compliance with regulatory requirements, Absa Operational Risk Framework and internal Absa Policies and Standards.
- Conduct monthly snap checks and reviews requested for by the business
Further Education and Training Certificate (FETC): Business, Commerce and Management Studies (Required)
To apply for this job please visit absa.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com.