Mukuni Medical Centre
Mukuni Medical Centre is a well-established private clinic in Livingstone, Zambia. It has been providing exceptional healthcare for more than two decades, earning a commendable reputation for excellence and patient care. As we embark on our next phase of growth, we are seeking highly skilled and passionate individuals to join our dynamic team, who share our dedication to delivering top-notch healthcare solutions and contributing to the well-being of our valued patients. The clinic’s commitment to excellence, coupled with its evolving state-of-the-art facilities and experienced medical professionals, makes it an ideal workplace for individuals seeking to contribute to the delivery of exceptional patient care.
PURPOSE OF ROLE
The surgeon bears the duty of providing a superior level of surgical care prior to, during, or following a surgical operation in the operating theater (OT), while adhering to secure and patient-focused practices and achieving favorable outcomes.
The surgeon performs their responsibilities with professionalism, consistency, and ethical conduct, adhering to international best practice standards. They collaborate closely with other multidisciplinary clinicians to deliver comprehensive surgical care services.
The ideal candidate possesses a combination of exceptional judgement, critical thinking abilities, and strong problem-solving skills. They demonstrate excellent communication skills and prioritize service-mindedness, time management, and a commitment to delivering quality care.
1. Adhere to hospital standards for high-quality surgical care and develop necessary practice standards or procedures when required.
2. Utilize established surgical techniques that align with international best practice standards.
3. Deliver compassionate, competent, and safe surgical care consistently.
4. Participate in clinic meetings and medical committee meetings to report and discuss enhancements in anaesthesia services and equipment.
5. Fulfill duty obligations for regular shifts, on-call shifts (standby periods outside of normal clinic hours), weekends, and emergencies.
1. Collaborate with the OT nurse to effectively manage the operating theatre, theatre schedule, OT staff, and devise plans to enhance the service.
2. Oversee surgery services, including planning, scheduling, coordination, procedure determination, and procurement of supplies and equipment.
3. Prior to surgery, conduct patient physical examination, review medical history, allergies, order diagnostic tests and lab tests, assess test results, discuss surgical procedure with patients and families (including risks and benefits), obtain consent for blood transfusion, if necessary, ensure completion and filing of surgical consent forms, and review anaesthesia plan.
4. Maintain universal infection control precautions within the operating theatre.
5. Conduct ward rounds as needed to assess patient progress.
6. Assist the clinic/hospital manager in identifying required medical equipment, medications, and consumables for the surgery department.
7. Foster a culture of learning and improvement through feedback, incident analysis, audits, research, and development.
8. Fulfill additional duties assigned by the Chief Medical Officer, Medical Director, or clinic/hospital manager as necessary.
Master of Medicine in General Surgery
Bachelor of Medicine and Surgery (MBChB).
Bachelor of Science in Human Biology (B.Sc. HB).
Full registration with the Health Professions Council of Zambia (HPCZ) and a valid practicing license.
At least 3 years post graduate experience.
Method of Application
Interested candidates who meet the requirements can send their applications to email@example.com with their qualifications/CV attached.
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org