ENGIE Energy Access
|Global Commercial Performance Head
|Based in any of EEA’s 9 African markets with preference (Kenya/Uganda/Zambia/Tanzania/Rwanda)
|Global Head of Strategic Marketing
About ENGIE Energy Access
ENGIE Energy Access is the leading Pay-As-You-Go (PAYGo) and mini-grids solutions provider in Africa. The company develops innovative, off-grid solar solutions for homes, public services and businesses, enabling customers and distribution partners access to clean, affordable energy. The PAYGO solar home systems are financed through affordable instalments from $0.19 per day and the mini-grids foster economic development by enabling electrical productive use and triggering business opportunities for entrepreneurs in rural communities. With over 1,800 employees, operations in nine countries across Africa (Benin, Côte d’Ivoire, Kenya, Mozambique, Nigeria, Rwanda, Tanzania, Uganda and Zambia), over 1.9 million customers and more than 9 million lives impacted so far, ENGIE Energy Access aims to impact 20 million lives across Africa by 2025.
The role of Commercial Performance Head is a strategic role in responsible for commercial success across all 9 markets. The successful candidate will join the Strategic Marketing team and own the responsibility of empowering global and country decision makers with real-time and right-sized data insights and recommendations to improve commercial performance and to inform the broader sales strategy.
This role requires a keen ability to work cross-functionally with country teams and key central functions including Marketing, CX, Consumer Finance, Product, Software & Data, Corporate Finance and others to develop and maintain strong business and technology relationships, becoming a trusted partner to all stakeholders.
- Own commercial performance management and business intelligence, reporting & data visualization for all Commercial Lead & Lag measures especially Gross Profit, Cost of Sales and Product Margin.
- Collaborate with FP&A and Finance to deliver a robust Commissions SOP with its cost being x % of Sales Revenue.
- Inform Global Pricing Review decisions at Product level with post decision tracking of projected sales velocity, gross profit and contribution margins.
- Own implementation of Global Credit Risk Committee actions/initiatives in line with business requirements.
- Own Sales Forecasting Process ensuring country ensuring that both short term and long-term forecasts are validated as per SOP and countries achieve industry standard forecast accuracy.
- Prepare monthly commercial target and results memo to ensure (a) 360 awareness on performance (b) intiatives to deliver commercial success and mitigate highlighted risks.
- Own ROI modeling for Commercial investments at both Global and Country level.
- Participate in strategic planning and budgeting / forecasting related to EEA Sales and other commercial initiatives.
- Own training & capacity development as it relates to sales forecasting, performance management, commissions management and any other global lead initiatives.
- Supervise the design, development and own interactive Tableau dashboards to track key performance indicators, summarize sales and data trends, and to enable EEA. markets to manage and monitor their sales performance
- Design, scope out, implement, manage and monitor specific projects and initiatives to improve the accuracy, effectiveness and/or efficiency of A2E’s sales analytics and business intelligence outputs
- Keep abreast of industry best practices and standards for performance analysis, reporting, etc.
- Management of processes, systems and standards for sales reporting and analytics and alignment with data sources across EEA.
- Support piloting across major commercial levers including pricing, team structure and commissions and scale best practices for commercial activities amongst country teams.
- Bachelor of Business Administration, Economics, Commerce or related field.
- Master’s Degree in relevant to role profile
- Certificate in Power BI, financial analysis, business and data analytics, visualization or related field
- Project Management Certification