Restless Development Zambia
About Restless Development.
Restless Development is a global non profit agency. We support the collective power of young leaders to create a better world. We are independently registered and governed in nine countries (India, Nepal, Sierra Leone, Tanzania, Uganda, UK, USA, Zambia and Zimbabwe) bound together by our vision for youth power. We run youth-led programmes to tackle the issues that young people care about the most as well as running a growing global Youth Collective. Read more on our strategy and latest annual report.
We have 230 staff in 13 countries, 59% aged 18-24, more than 90% of our staff in Africa and Asia. We are a people centered agency – that believes in the power of young people to lead change. We are a values based employer – placing a focus on culture, equity, wellbeing, safeguarding and power shifting in all that we do.
About the Role.
We are looking for a solution focused, Human Resources expert to lead our Global People team and become an integral member of our Global Leadership Group. You will be the global lead for ensuring our people are happy, safe, supported, connected and delivering their best work.
You will work across our Hubs and globally distributed teams to ensure our policies are upheld and continue to embed people focussed ways of working, and will have the ability to move between strategic decision making spaces, whilst also regularly supporting day-to-day people/ HR activities.
In addition you will performance manage two team members, and lead a global community of practice made up of our Hub people leads, in order to strengthen our HR/People approaches and application across our agency. You’ll be comfortable guiding and coaching our senior leaders on how best to handle employee relations and performance management, and you’ll help us manage our agency-wide People related risks, reporting on key people metrics to our Global Board of Trustees and Global Leadership Group.
Throughout your work you will continuously look at how we can strengthen the leadership journeys for all staff, ensuring talent development and succession planning takes place across the agency.
- Experience of advising on a broad range of HR issues.
- Experience of managing and developing staff/volunteers.
- Relevant HR qualification at a higher/experienced level.
- Experience working with (and ideally managing) a Human Resource Information System and sound knowledge of utilising the reporting mechanisms.
- Experience of developing and maintaining meaningful internal relationships across multiple locations.
- Experience of advising on and responding to incidents that occur in day-to-day operations e.g. safeguarding, safety and security incidents.
- Able to plan and deliver work against tight deadlines to high standards of quality.
- Commitment to Restless Development’s values and mission.
- A passion and drive for the People space and its ability to drive forward change and innovation.
- Proven track record of holding a position of responsibility in a People/HR function.
- Experience of managing safeguarding and Safety/security functions for a global agency.
- Experience of researching and developing policies and procedures.
- Experience delivering training and other learning and development interventions.
- Change management experience.
- Experience of working within the development sector.
- Excellent networking skills and ability to build external relationships.
- Experience of working within limited resources and needing to be solutions focused
- Thorough and up-to-date knowledge of employment law and best practices in HR.
- Prior experience managing wellbeing initiatives.
Restless Development is an Equal Opportunities employer and seeks to recruit, retain and develop staff from all sectors of the community and will ensure that no applicant or staff member receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of gender, sexual orientation, marital status, social status, caste, race, ethnic origin, religious belief, age, HIV status, disability, or any other factor that cannot be shown to be relevant to performance.